1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Mar 6, 2017 at 6:23 AM
    GetzPayd

GetzPayd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kennewick WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Sport
    Total Chaos & Kings
    Thanks! They are 265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers. They are a bit loud. Planning on sound deadening the entire cab area at some point, forgot how noisy the cabs are on these.

rvon719[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Mar 6, 2017 at 6:23 AM
    thunderbases

thunderbases Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    15,TRD Off Road
    Installed Firestone Ride Rite air springs. No more sag with the bed loaded down. Plus much better ride without bed loaded. Wish I had done this a lot sooner.

jamiec likes this.
  3. Mar 6, 2017 at 7:13 AM
    08TRDOFFROAD

08TRDOFFROAD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    21' Tundra Platinum & 08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's w/front's set at 1.75", TRD exhaust, Colormatched grill, Illuminated 4wd selector switch, BAMF Bolt on Sliders w/kickout.
    Looks like he just installed one of the @rcbs204 made pcb boards.

They can be found here if you have an 05-11.

https://sites.google.com/site/tacoma4x4led/

If you have a 12+, you'll have to go the machined ring/hilux switch route.

4. Mar 6, 2017 at 7:34 AM
    jamiec

jamiec Man who keep hands in pockets feel cocky all day

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Chillicothe, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 Prius three touring. Sold the Taco
    That's on my to do list. Do you have a link where you bought yours?

ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Mar 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM
    Minny Taco

Minny Taco For the Horde!

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off Road DCSB
    - Dobinsons shocks and leaf pack - Level 8 MK6 wheels - 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs load C - SPC UCA - Moog LCA - TRD Pro headlights - Bullet Proof Fab skid plate w/ Line-X - 3M Matte Black roof vinyl - Astrostart remote - Debadged - Black shifter bezel - Front window tint 50% - Color matched grill surround - MESO LED red/white map lights - Osram Super Bright H4 bulbs - Headlight Services upgraded wiring harness - Auxito LED reverse lights - Zulu Nylon Gear MOLLE visor cover - Truxedo Lo Pro QT tonneau - Weathertech floor mats - Weathertech vent visors - Redline Tuning Elite hood struts - OEM bed mat - AJT Design custom shift knob - AJT Design custom climate knobs - Center console organizer - Salex glove box organizer - 1" driver seat spacers - AntennaX 14" antenna - AVS door sill protectors - Trimmed OEM mud flaps - Candyapple red tow hook - Painted pinch weld and radiator frame - Custom radio knobs from Hondo Garage - Xtunes black tail lights - Black LED third brake light - Ruff Tuff Kryptek Typhon seat covers - ACEkraut license plate relocation bracket - Cali Raised Side Shooter ditch lights w/ lo-pro mounts - Subaru tweeters + Rockford Fosgate speakers - Thinkware F800 Pro dash cam - Stickers n shit
    LIFT:

5100s installed all the way around set at the top notch in the front with a 1" block in the rear. I had heard from some TW folks that the stock coils would make for a rough ride, so I ordered up OME 885 coils too.

Funny story, the guy at the shop was on the phone with a tech from Bilstein and mentioned the OME coils. Well the tech went off on a rant about “17 year old forum kids thinking they know everything”. He insisted the stock coils would be just fine so that’s what we went with. Ride quality is equal or better than before, and definitely not worse. This guy had gone on a forum at some point and tried to explain that he was a Bilstein tech and worked on these things every day, but he got shouted down, so now he’s got a little mad-on for the internet apparently.

TIRES:

Toyo Open Country A/T II LT265/75/16 load C. So far so good with those, although they do rub in reverse with the wheels cranked. They rub that tiny mud flap that’s in front of the front tires. I might just live with it, or I might take them off. Like the tires so far, comfortable ride and no noticeable noise.

CONS:

A feeling like I’m running over rumble strips while at city speeds. It goes away once I hit 60, and it isn’t there at all in 4Hi. It isn’t hugely noticeable but I can feel it there. So I have to get that figured out somehow. Anyone have a clue on that?

P.S. Also put a tint strip across the top of the windshield and installed the ever popular UNI filter. Busy weekend!

30845.jpg 20170303_134538.jpg
    20170303_133842.jpg

Jorell08, kyuss88, woodydog and 13 others like this.
  6. Mar 6, 2017 at 10:02 AM
    orezona

orezona title unspecified

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD OR DCSB OMGWTFBBQ TL;DR
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    You mean the hole where your spare tire lowering rod goes?

I thought of that but decided against it. Maybe someone else has installed their camera there in a way that wouldn't interfere with trying to get your spare down if you needed to...?

7. Mar 6, 2017 at 10:07 AM
    07regtacoman

07regtacoman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davis Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver REG Cab
    Painted arm rests, 2011 front grille,Readylift for 5lug.
    Changed out tranny fluid 07 regular cab 4 banger 5spd with Mobil 1 So much better,shifting smoother.

8. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM
    Turdyota3000

Turdyota3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Round da corner
    Vehicle:
    07 dcsb trd off-road
    Icon 2.5's, TC, yackety shmackety....
    Thank you broseph.

ChadsPride likes this.
  9. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:25 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    the Tacoma just took me and baby to get our marriage license!

AZeyeTIE, cmack, KenLyns and 35 others like this.
  10. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:25 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Congratulations!!!

Kuntrykid and ChadsPride[QUOTED] like this.
  11. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:25 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    :woot::woot::woot:

12. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:26 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Thank you!!!
    :yay::yay::yay:

GetzPayd, Kuntrykid, Casper66 and 3 others like this.
  13. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:38 AM
    orezona

orezona title unspecified

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD OR DCSB OMGWTFBBQ TL;DR
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    Just something to think about is that if you put steps on sliders, they don't really... SLIDE all that well. Basically the steps would be a point you could catch a rock or stump or something on and get hung up.

There is a guy here locally in AZ who I've seen that has steps that it looks like they are removable...? I was just looking at them but never bothered to talk to him about it. Possible solution rather than asking a fab to make something that could cause problems.

Kuntrykid[QUOTED] and ChadsPride like this.
  14. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:39 AM
    TomTwo

TomTwo I love God but I cuss a little

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    I-85 Southbound and Truckin
    Vehicle:
    Totaled 2012 TRD Sport, 2013 TRD Double Cab Sport
    Subd for your review after it is installed.

ChadsPride likes this.
  15. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:51 AM
    BigMacMcCoy

BigMacMcCoy Cajun In Vienna

Member:
    First Name:
    Braedon
    Vienna, VA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 Tacoma Access Cab
    All the dumb choices in one vehicle

Something like this? http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/211/sfID2/106/sfID3/197/productID/1023

Kuntrykid and ChadsPride like this.
  16. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:52 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    So did you keep the 885s or not? Sounds like the bilstein tech is a bit butthurt.

Do your symptoms sound like this? It makes me think it's this because it goes away in 4HI.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/front-diff-vibes-ecgs-bushing-fix.464941/

kyuss88, Casper66 and ChadsPride like this.
  17. Mar 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
  18. Mar 6, 2017 at 12:01 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    Truck looks great man :thumbsup:

ChadsPride likes this.
  19. Mar 6, 2017 at 12:04 PM
    Minny Taco

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off Road DCSB
    - Dobinsons shocks and leaf pack - Level 8 MK6 wheels - 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs load C - SPC UCA - Moog LCA - TRD Pro headlights - Bullet Proof Fab skid plate w/ Line-X - 3M Matte Black roof vinyl - Astrostart remote - Debadged - Black shifter bezel - Front window tint 50% - Color matched grill surround - MESO LED red/white map lights - Osram Super Bright H4 bulbs - Headlight Services upgraded wiring harness - Auxito LED reverse lights - Zulu Nylon Gear MOLLE visor cover - Truxedo Lo Pro QT tonneau - Weathertech floor mats - Weathertech vent visors - Redline Tuning Elite hood struts - OEM bed mat - AJT Design custom shift knob - AJT Design custom climate knobs - Center console organizer - Salex glove box organizer - 1" driver seat spacers - AntennaX 14" antenna - AVS door sill protectors - Trimmed OEM mud flaps - Candyapple red tow hook - Painted pinch weld and radiator frame - Custom radio knobs from Hondo Garage - Xtunes black tail lights - Black LED third brake light - Ruff Tuff Kryptek Typhon seat covers - ACEkraut license plate relocation bracket - Cali Raised Side Shooter ditch lights w/ lo-pro mounts - Subaru tweeters + Rockford Fosgate speakers - Thinkware F800 Pro dash cam - Stickers n shit
    That write up does explain the vibration, I've been looking into that bushing and it sounds like it might be the thing to try first.

They ended up not putting on the 885s after their discussion with Bilstein. The shop guy was just laughing while he told me all this. Definitely some butt hurt and frustration going on there!

ChadsPride likes this.
  20. Mar 6, 2017 at 12:06 PM
    Minny Taco

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off Road DCSB
    Thanks! Some weird things happened along the way. My shorty antenna got snapped off in the parking lot of the shop and somewhere I lost a center cap. Oh, and a TRD valve stem cap.

So I have three TRD valve stem caps if anyone wants them, I'll throw 'em in the mail for ya.

Turdyota3000 and ChadsPride like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top