1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Jan 9, 2019 at 7:16 PM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    Sometimes trees grow warts of wood. I found a downed Bay Laurel with a bunch of them and cut some off. They grow out of the trunk like cauliflower so the base of the knob is the trunk end. Much different grain than typical root burl which is more swirled. Crazy that such a prosaic tree should produce a cool pattern.

2. Jan 9, 2019 at 7:22 PM
    Holloman

Holloman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    nor cal Cloverdale
    Vehicle:
    2016 dcsbTRD OR
    Things and stuff
    I hunt a ranch out by lake Sonoma that has a bunch of bay and Pepperwood trees on it that have the little wart burls on them. This is a slab of redwood burl from out there.
    upload_2019-1-9_19-22-22.jpg

jkuniverse, TomTwo, Rick_Taco and 2 others like this.
  3. Jan 9, 2019 at 7:29 PM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    They're a pain to harvest but it needs to be done before the tree dries out. Then cut blanks and seal them to prevent cracking as they dry(I use epoxy sealer) this forces them to dry very slowly and uniformly.

Holloman likes this.
  4. Jan 9, 2019 at 7:51 PM
    olecoot

olecoot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Northeast Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OFFROAD 4X4
    3 + 1 Pro Comp 285 Falkin Wildpeaks Bed Cap
    Seat Spacers will be back in service starting tomorrow. I have a few backed up orders to get out and will turn some more tomorrow for Fri. ship.Hope to be caught back up quickly. Got some freezer meat. Need one more deer for the year. Thanks everyone for your patience.

2019 Hunt 2.jpg
    2019 Hunt.jpg

5. Jan 9, 2019 at 7:53 PM
    Samwise25

Samwise25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Livingston Mon-f*****-tana
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road
    ARB front with KC HiLite’s. LED backlit grill and ARB. Century topper. Lots of stickers. LED interior accent lights. Sleeping platform / storage platform. Rear topper LED lighting. Anti-steering-rack-zip-tie-mod.
    Holy shit that head unit is nice. What model Pioneer is that?

jackfrost519[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 9, 2019 at 7:58 PM
    jackfrost519

jackfrost519 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black DCLB
    It was actually really inexpensive compared to other units. The model is AVH-2300 NEX. It supports android audio and apple car play, which is the main feature I was looking for. I like it because of the apple interface and I can use Siri to receive and send text messages while driving, hands free. Been playing around with it a lot and it has been a flawless unit up to this point. I saved a lot of money installing it myself, which took around an hour...

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 3.21.59 PM.jpg

7. Jan 9, 2019 at 8:01 PM
    HawaiianSON

HawaiianSON Blood makes the grass grow, OOHRAH!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nasty
    San Diego by way of HILO, HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 white DCLB
    Kustom54lighting /bruteofrce/brushed BRONZE
    Yessah! Took a look at how archive made theirs and didn’t like the round tube look. Had some 2” dom square at work and thought that would be a nice touch.

OverlAnderson[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jan 9, 2019 at 8:26 PM
    Samwise25

Samwise25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Livingston Mon-f*****-tana
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road
    ARB front with KC HiLite’s. LED backlit grill and ARB. Century topper. Lots of stickers. LED interior accent lights. Sleeping platform / storage platform. Rear topper LED lighting. Anti-steering-rack-zip-tie-mod.
    Nice. I’m going to look into that one. I want one with wireless CarPlay but that’s my biggest requirement I think.

9. Jan 9, 2019 at 8:52 PM
    jackfrost519

jackfrost519 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black DCLB

Just went out and synced my phone to it via bluetooth. I can confirm that it will not support apple play through bluetooth. If that is a must for you, you will want to look elsewhere. I like having mine wired through USB because it charges my phone while driving. The only downside to having it plugged in is that the cord can fail. That is why I put the pass through in for easy swapping. I also used a velcro tie around the charging cable for better cable management. Ain't nobody got time for dealing with a cable.

Hope this helps you make your decision!

10. Jan 10, 2019 at 1:35 AM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    Yup that's legit

Nixinus[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jan 10, 2019 at 1:39 AM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    What does doing this help with?

12. Jan 10, 2019 at 1:57 AM
    super_white

super_white Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
    Actually happened yesterday.
    I bought a new dashboard (mine is scratched so I'll be replacing it) from Toyota. I pick it up and I'm driving home. Behind a truck in the exit only lane to get off my exit. The truck drove over a "construction ahead" sign which lifted it in the air right in front of me and I hit it doing about 50.
    It destroyed my aftermarket TOYOTA grille and scratched my front bumper along with my passenger headlight. I should've stuck around and called the cops. The DOT shouldn't be leaving loose signs by the side of the road.

I still have the original grille which I'll be putting back on the truck this weekend (hopefully sooner). I'll post pictures when I do that.

Grumpy, whatstcp and Cativelense like this.
  13. Jan 10, 2019 at 3:47 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    Helps make the archive rear leaf hangers even more rigid, making the ride a little smoother.

14. Jan 10, 2019 at 4:48 AM
    wmg

wmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bill
    Vehicle:
    2009 FJ
    BP-51 OEM LIFT..33;s...full skids....dual Batteries
  15. Jan 10, 2019 at 4:49 AM
    henrilepuf

henrilepuf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    henri
    Northwestern Paraguay
    Vehicle:
    tacoma 2014 4x4 DCLB
    Nice.
    Looks like briar

wmg likes this.
  16. Jan 10, 2019 at 6:17 AM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    ft8DrzitdT14Y0ZE0ORQjaIob59x2lLtLgXdPWKn_388d6c18cc3ad18eb8c61b9c7a722a48329588ed.jpg7VjZ3GDXkKwEptSfXMAYkbj0XtWA4dp99owPcUDN_a7c88d0e820ce78bef76cc78730fb484c861dbde.jpg

moar lights and frame inspection

lo2hi, Scooter WCT, gabbo2112 and 5 others like this.
  17. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:11 AM
    Sideways1

Sideways1 Old Dirt Rider

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Portland Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB Pyrite Mica
    ADS 2.5 with Extended travel/ADS 2.5 Piggyback rear. Dakars. Pelfreybilt Aluminum front bumper,Skid and Brute Force Fab HC rear bumper. 5 x SCS Stealth 6's in Matte Bronze wrapped in Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Wet Okole front and rear seat covers. Wilco Bed Rail Tire Carrier. Light Racing Upper Control Arms. Marshall Fabrications sliders with kick out. Mobtown Tailgate Reinforcement Skin. hyper15125 retrofits. And many many odds and ends.
    Nice 940 Bench Made... I love my 940-1

Dan

18. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:13 AM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    great knife, nothing beats the feeling of quality. picked up a bugout recently and i didnt like how the scales flexed

Sideways1[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:30 AM
    SilverJack

SilverJack no one

Member:
    Hopefully you picked up the sign or took pictures. File a DOT claim

https://www.ct.gov/dot/cwp/view.asp?a=1380&Q=270634

gabbo2112 likes this.
  20. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:39 AM
    whatstcp

whatstcp currently drunk so don't listen to me

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7l 4x4
    King + Archive Relocation Wheeler's bumps +hydros
    Might be a good idea to get a dash cam. Events like that can be hard to prove and a dash cam would help

SilverJack likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top