1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Jan 21, 2020 at 5:17 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    I know, I know... Big faux pas taking pics while driving. But it was clear ahead of me, and had to take a pic of this.

They grow up so fast.

[​IMG]

2. Jan 21, 2020 at 5:26 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    So do you plug it into a wall outlet, or does it also charge while the truck is running and that juice is used to top off the AGM battery?

3. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:10 AM
    NavyDiver72

NavyDiver72 I DO ALL MY OWN STUNTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Millington, TN
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCLB TRD Sport PreRunner
    Any Mods? One. Maybe two, tops...
    59F8C696-C7E0-48E3-8F04-999A972D536D.jpg

You get home or wherever you need to do it, you shut the engine off like you normally would do, you plug and extension cord to a 120VAC outlet, and the other end (the female plug) to to NOCO port, and walk away.

Even after the battery has completely charged, it can remain plugged indefinitely. When you are ready to leave, unplug it from the 120VAC power source, and drive away.

https://no.co/genm1

^^^ For all the specifics.

Rick.

4. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:00 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    I have an AGM battery that I have been running for a while and have not seen any negative impact of using it. Thought this might be one of those "better" things to do, but I'm not going to plug in my truck every night. If this battery dies prematurely, I'll just go back to the older lead acid like the OEM.

DG92071 likes this.
  5. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:10 AM
    NavyDiver72

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Millington, TN
    Vehicle:
    Again, this is NOT an every night/day thing, is for when I feel the battery needs it (tending/maintenance) and definitely when I am away FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME and the Taco is NOT going to be moving AT ALL.

6. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:16 AM
    elricfate

elricfate Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma AC Silver Mica
    It's definitely not an every night thing, but AGMs require a float voltage of, I think 14.5 or 14.7 volts? Unless you do the 1a diode mod to your voltage sensing wire, forcing your alternator to put out about .5v more than it normally does, you won't ever get your AGM battery where it needs to be for battery health. That's the purpose of that type of charger, if you don't do the mod, then once every week or two, you need to top it off and let it hit the right float voltage.

But the mod is stupid simple, and precludes the need for a charger. The only ones you can't do it in, I think, are the third gens and that's only because alternator output is controlled by the ECU, not the alternator directly.

Rick_Taco and DG92071 like this.
  7. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:56 AM
    NavyDiver72

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Millington, TN
    Vehicle:
    Agree, waiting also for this bad boy to arrive from Down Under.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Alternator-Voltage-Booster-Dual-Battery-Systems-MK2-Micro-Blade-version&_trkparms=5926%3AKEYWORD%7C5079%3A0&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

*** AGAIN, THE CHARGER IS FOR WHEN THE TACO WILL BE PARKED AND NOT MOVING, NOT STARTING AT ALL ANYWHERE FROM 4 TO 9 MONTHS AT THE TIME ***

When I am gone nobody drives the Taco. So I have a HO Alternator, and AGM NorthStar battery, and the diode mod... CHECK! But those will ONLY work if I drive the Taco daily... :thumbsup:

Rick.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    DG92071 likes this.
  8. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:07 AM
    DG92071

DG92071 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thank you for serving. My son served, I served, my son in law is still serving, all in the USN. Unless a person has served they have no idea of the sacrifices of deployment.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:11 AM
    NavyDiver72

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Millington, TN
    Vehicle:
    HOOYAH NAVY!!!! On March 18, 2020, it will be 24 years and still loving every minute of it!! Plus, they also have NO idea of how many times your battery is D E A D when you come back :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rick

GonzoQuick, wmg, stbear and 2 others like this.
  10. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:20 AM
    DG92071

DG92071 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Damn 24 years! You're the man!

When I was younger I was smarter (NOT! lol) so I got out. My son unfortunately got out early on a misdiagnosed medical. My son in law is a LtJG and currently on shore duty in Italy.

11. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:28 AM
    elricfate

elricfate Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma AC Silver Mica
    Today it was still ridiculously cold, but not snowing and not raining, so I figured, time to change the fuel door. To note, it rusted apart at the connector tab to the door, not the hinge wire itself.

How I got it, looks good, at least it's functional when closed, stays in place.
    20191005_175632_HDR.jpg

How it actually is, and makes it a pain in the ass to open and close.
    20200121_112320.jpg

Rivets all drilled out, used a 1/2" bit, got close to the hinge material, then just pulled the old door off. Knocked out the mushroom caps with a straight punch.
    20200121_111214.jpg

New door riveted in place. All old hardware re-attached. Yes, I greased up the hinge wire. :D
    20200121_111631_HDR.jpg

Vinyl sticker to cover up my mess ups. There was a dog hair in the finish, so I tried to get it out, it got wonky, I used a paper towel, it got wonkier. I should have sanded and started over, I didn't.
    20200121_111646.jpg

12. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:35 AM
    EdgemanVA

EdgemanVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2008 X-Runner
    Several
    I think you are correct they are the original spark plugs. Toyota installed that mix of plugs from the factory. One side NGK and the other Denso. Never saw an official explanation, but most thought Toyota had a contract with both suppliers...lol

By the way, Toyota has a 30K mile limit on the OEM plugs, so those went way past their replacement point.

13. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:48 AM
    Justinr79

Justinr79 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    eastern oregon
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma
    Cold Air, level kit, cosmetics, and way more lights than I should have.
    This is actually really good advice, if you can set it for more frames per second, you will be able to catch more of what you need to in a dash cam, even if the still images are not quite as high resolution. Having both high fps and 4k would be great, but I agree that fps is more important than resolution for this application. Though just my opinion.

GonzoQuick likes this.
  14. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:48 AM
    tacotunner06

tacotunner06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    LS Swap with RSG Tranzilla, Custom hi clearance front bumper, Relentless: Slider's, bed rails, rear bumper, Prinsu with 40" BD s8. Dirt Designs 3.5 LT. Archive Garage rear towers/shackle flip/SUA. King Air bumps. King LT Coilovers in front. King 12x2.5 in rear. ARB rear air locker and twin compressor. SCS f5's with 33" Ridge Grapplers. 20" S8 mounted in bumper, squadron sport fog lights, squadron pro backup lights, LP6's bumper mounted.
    swap it? lol

15. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:07 AM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    I wish.... I dont have the time or money for that, or the second car to use while my trucks down

16. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:10 AM
    Bonnie’s Squeeze

Bonnie’s Squeeze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Bluffton, SC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    Volant CAI, TRD Exhaust, Throttle Body Expansion with vortex, too many others to mention.
    Sounds good. Nice throaty sound. A little louder in the cab than I expected.

17. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:12 AM
    Bonnie’s Squeeze

Bonnie’s Squeeze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Bluffton, SC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    Volant CAI, TRD Exhaust, Throttle Body Expansion with vortex, too many others to mention.
    Which brand did you go with NGK or Denso?

18. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:23 AM
    Dye22

Dye22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squamish
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRDOR ACLB
    JBA UCAs OME 2.5 in lift w/ heavy duty dakars. 33" ko2s tc bed stiffeners firestone airbags w/ ride rites cmc/pinchweld rear flushmount leds amazon ditch lights apex sliders 0 degree w/ kickout Coastal Offroad high clearance front bumper w/ full tubing Coastal Offroad high clearance rear bumper w/ tubing and dual swingout 100 AH LiFePO4 Aux battery blue sea fuse panel for aux battery rear diff mod breather Mountain Hatch tailgate insert Smittybilt x2O 10k winch Anytime Camera Mod Front and Rear GPS locator brick BAMF Hangers w/ custom crossbrace 2lo Mod by up2nogood yakima access cab roof bars thule hyper xl cargo box amazon roof basket ARB 1250 awning WaterPort Meso Dual Color Dome Light Durobump Front Bump stops
    That was a terrible lane change though, you cut him off. The guy was being a donk but i believe you caused that by not merging at a more appropriate time. he was clearly overtaking you in the passing lane when you merged back in because you didn't want to slow down for the braking car infront of you..

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    scocar, williams63, DG92071 and 2 others like this.
  19. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:29 AM
    Dye22

Dye22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squamish
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRDOR ACLB
    JBA UCAs OME 2.5 in lift w/ heavy duty dakars. 33" ko2s tc bed stiffeners firestone airbags w/ ride rites cmc/pinchweld rear flushmount leds amazon ditch lights apex sliders 0 degree w/ kickout Coastal Offroad high clearance front bumper w/ full tubing Coastal Offroad high clearance rear bumper w/ tubing and dual swingout 100 AH LiFePO4 Aux battery blue sea fuse panel for aux battery rear diff mod breather Mountain Hatch tailgate insert Smittybilt x2O 10k winch Anytime Camera Mod Front and Rear GPS locator brick BAMF Hangers w/ custom crossbrace 2lo Mod by up2nogood yakima access cab roof bars thule hyper xl cargo box amazon roof basket ARB 1250 awning WaterPort Meso Dual Color Dome Light Durobump Front Bump stops
    like i said, guy was/is a donk. but i believe that whole situation could have been avoided with more careful driving, that's all.

Edit. Gosh golly, seems like you deleted your comment bud.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  20. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:29 AM
    whatstcp

whatstcp currently drunk so don't listen to me

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7l 4x4
    King + Archive Relocation Wheeler's bumps +hydros
    This, that was a terrible lane change almost like you wanted to cut him off to be a dick and aggravate the situation.

williams63, DG92071 and Dye22[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top