1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:03 PM
    the_black_tacoma

the_black_tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Griffin
    IN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Tacoma SR5 AC
    A couple
    I installed my Vehicle OCD organizer set

Rick_Taco and elricfate like this.
  2. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:13 PM
    elricfate

elricfate Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma AC Silver Mica
    How's the glove box one? Does the organizer take up more room than it's worth?

3. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:21 PM
    the_black_tacoma

the_black_tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Griffin
    IN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Tacoma SR5 AC
    A couple
    The glove box one is fairly nice, just a slightly tight fit to get it put together. I think it'll be super useful though, and it's well designed. I'll post a pic asap. I bought the set with the center console organizer and tray as well. I don't think it takes up too much room at all.
    (btw, the reason i haven't got a pic is because to get one i'd have to go outside and freeze my *ss off taking it :rofl:)

DG92071 likes this.
  4. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:45 PM
    Xx Ares xX

Xx Ares xX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver Tacoma TRD SPORT, PRERUNNER, SR5, DC
    connect a hose to the bottom of the oil filter drain and run it down to the catch basin. When you're done, put a bolt in the bottom of hose and tuck the hose into one of the open holes under the truck. Had this setup for years, and it works like a charm. Hose 5/16ths
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  5. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:08 PM
    dee_wreck

dee_wreck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dee
    Orange County, CA (SoCal)
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TRD OR 2WD
    Bilstein 6112/5160, Dakar medium leaf lacks w/ extra leaf, Archive Garage U-bolt flip w/ speed bumps, Frontrunner roof rack, KB Voodoo/Max Modular 14" bed rack, BakFlip Revolver tonneau cover, Diode Dynamics 30" light bar and SS3 ditch lights
    Installed some of my purchases from the Amazon gems thread... MATCC car kick mats/backseat organizer and a trash bin/organizer if you want to call it that. These will probably be handy for my passengers during our road trips. Excuse the dirty floor... I'll clean that up soon with the 12v car vacuum I bought as well. 20200121_190208.jpg

6. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:15 PM
    Carter

Carter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    14' Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toyotec Boss 3", Ridged Industries grill/light bar combo, TRD exhaust, Fender flares, 16" wheels with 33" Duratracs, Parrot Android Smart Deck, Custom Black Leather with red stitching.
    Finally built a box and amp rack that I want to keep. LineX'd the exterior of it. Also installed a Dynamat like material over the floor and back wall. Then, a sound deadener over top of that. I can't believe how much quieter it is now. With my last sub box, and no dynamat you could hear wind as if the rear window was open. Now it's almost like my Mercedes.

IMG_20200121_200955.jpg
    20200121_164306.jpg

7. Jan 21, 2020 at 7:39 PM
    Islandtaco671

Islandtaco671 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double cab Tacoma TRD O/R
    finally took apart a leaf pack I had laying around to see if I wanted to try and revive it. What do you guys think? Too much rust? Is it worth trying? The underside is just as bad as the side showing.

91D9352B-5B90-4E0B-BE27-DB9C160F3945.jpg

Rick_Taco and Kolter45 like this.
  8. Jan 21, 2020 at 8:10 PM
    Kolter45

Kolter45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport, 2015 Inferno 4Runner
    Toytec Boss Leer/Rhino Rack TRD Wheels/Falkens
  9. Jan 21, 2020 at 9:17 PM
    Beer-toe

Beer-toe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Berto
    Menifee
    Vehicle:
    Dad Mobile
    Stickers
    Those some sweet bed rail mounts![/QUOTE]

Just bent flat stock I had laying around. Gets the job done

10. Jan 22, 2020 at 12:35 AM
    TACOLUVRKMOD

TACOLUVRKMOD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Vehicle:
    '12 Taco TRD 4x4
    Yeah!

henrilepuf[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jan 22, 2020 at 12:41 AM
    TACOLUVRKMOD

TACOLUVRKMOD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Vehicle:
    '12 Taco TRD 4x4
    And then I did a little of this:20200117_210057.jpg 20200117_222847.jpg IMG_20200118_091033_468.jpg 20200121_135228.jpg

12. Jan 22, 2020 at 3:15 AM
    DG92071

DG92071 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I removed the plastic trim/storage boxes off of that back wall and I thought the same thing as you did. I checked twice to make sure a window wasn't down. The amount of noise coming through was insane.

GonzoQuick likes this.
  13. Jan 22, 2020 at 5:08 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    I need this in my life! Though I thought about just putting a bead of silicon (or similar) in a circle around the hole to at least contain it so that whatever oil gets on the skid doesn't run to a corner and then onto my driveway. Others say to just use a futomoto valve, but I can't bring myself to go that route.

14. Jan 22, 2020 at 7:46 AM
    Millerfish

Millerfish Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Ca
    Vehicle:
    14 DC SB OR
    I considered that. The material is good to 350f it being under the oil pan i dont think it will see anything hot.

15. Jan 22, 2020 at 8:01 AM
    Carter

Carter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    14' Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toyotec Boss 3", Ridged Industries grill/light bar combo, TRD exhaust, Fender flares, 16" wheels with 33" Duratracs, Parrot Android Smart Deck, Custom Black Leather with red stitching.
    Right?? All that's on the back of those plastic bins is a slice of carpet looking foam too. It's amazing how much noise that little piece of fabric stops.

GonzoQuick and DG92071[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Jan 22, 2020 at 8:04 AM
    schecter517

schecter517 MX4LYFE

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Pro Wheels Falken WildPeak AT3W 265/70-17 Black Spyder Projector HL w/LED Bar Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights Spec-D Black Tail Lights Truxedo Deuce 2 Tonneau Cover Tinted Windows Bed Mat Debadged Blue LED Interior Lights LED Switchback Turn Signals Led Reverse Lights and License Plate Lights DDM Ultra HID 55W 55K Kit
    Picked up this bad boy last night for $400. Going to invest a little money into it to color match it and do some minor repairs on it. Should look like new once I'm done!

Shell.jpg

17. Jan 22, 2020 at 8:14 AM
    SilverJack

SilverJack no one

Member:
    You have to remember that sheet metal is like a drum skin. Any sound waves are actually amplified as they hit the outside wall of the cab. Those waves come inside unless blocked by something designed to absorb the waves. A loose foam fabric will absorb sound and not allow it to pass thru like metal will. Dynamat (and others) attach a thick polymer to sheet metal which dampens the waves or stops them as they try to resonate. Ideally, you want to stop the metal from resonating and then kill any waves that make it through the metal.

GonzoQuick likes this.
  18. Jan 22, 2020 at 8:40 AM
    TacoDia

TacoDia Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    11 DCSB SR5 V6 OME Kit H-Dakars
    Late to see your question but...
    I haven't used that specific tent but over the 2019 year I used my Kodiak version of it. Overall I was pretty happy with it. I have since bought a RTT over the holidays but have yet to take it out. The Bed style tents aren't too bad if not interested in a RTT and don't want to sleep on the ground. The kind of camping you do or are interested in doing will determine the kind of setup for you. If you're not looking to move around much once camp is set up, the bed tents will work just fine. If you want to be more mobile RTTs and trailers will probably be better but cost more. For the Kodiak system I have a write up over in the Products Review forum (https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/kodiak-canvas-truck-tent.611911/). I bought a 4x6 foam floor pad from the hardware store, cut it to shape on the bed like it was a bed mat. On top of that I have used moving blankets and a full size mattress topper. Wasn't too bad but definitely a hard surface still. Also used a full size air mattress which ended up being much better. A standard full is ever so slightly too wide for the wheel wells so I just slightly under inflated it and body weight will keep it tight.

19. Jan 22, 2020 at 9:02 AM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    How much did they charge you to install it if you dont mind me asking?

20. Jan 22, 2020 at 9:03 AM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    Damn that's actually Genius..... why have i never thought of this. I always just drill a hole through a water bottle and zip tie it to the drain hole

Products Discussed in

To Top