1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is embedded XM radio?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bizjettech, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Apr 3, 2011 at 6:01 AM
    bizjettech

bizjettech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    OK guys, I'm getting confused about weather the Ipod adapter PN 545-00082 will work in my 2011. I DONT have the factory JBL unit, but I DO have the factory six disk changer that included the XM sat radio.

Half of you say it will work, half say it wont. The directions state it will NOT work with EMBEDDED XM radio. But Im wondering just what embedded means?

Maybe only the JBL units have embedded XM radio?

Anyone know FOR SURE?

Thanks!

2. Apr 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    bizjettech

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    TTT - title change - trying to get some info so I can decide on purchasing unit from a member

3. Apr 3, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    ilg

ilg VanCity Taco.

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD O/R 4x4 6-Spd
    WeatherTechs, Yellow Fogs, Alpine X-100 iPod Stereo, Custom Seat Covers, Debadged, Locking Bed Compartments, Black Front Toyota Emblem, AVS Vent Visors, Colour Matched Grill, TRD Shift Knob, Eagle Alloy 187s in 16x8 wrapped in 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Black Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Black Rear Bumper, 8 in shorty antenna, 5100s @ 2.5.
    I don't know for sure, but I think it basically means... if you have XM installed you can't use it because the port that the ipod connector would plug into is taken by the XM.

Do you actually have XM installed, or is your truck just XM ready? I have the six disc non JBL, and the antenna on the roof, but I don't have the actual XM module, so I would have an empty port.

4. Apr 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    bizjettech

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    Yes, I actually have XM installed from the factory. I like it and use it a lot, so I guess the Ipod adapter is out, just wish I could get a definitive answer. Most people are like us, not 100% sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top