1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is it?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by midder, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Jun 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    midder

midder [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    I had new pads put on in the front. After that when I backed up and hit the brake . the left front would squeal like crazy. It didn't seem to squeal when I braked going forward, only going backwards. The rotor and calipher were replaced but the noise continued. Now the squealing noise is coming front the right front and is doing it in both forward and reverse when I step on the brakes. The squealing seems to be only when I first hit the brakes and goes away after a couple of seconds until I hit the brakes again. Than when I hit the brakes again They will squeal for a few seconds go away and repeat the process when I hit the brakes. Somebody mentioned the wheel bearings might need to be greased. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Jun 8, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Seems like they are squeaking in the start but then stop when they warm up?

There usually is a break in type of thing when you get new pads. I think they have to be seated properly to the rotor.

When I got new pads I had this whole ritual I had to go through for a while. What it boiled down to was getting the rotors hot and then slamming the brakes after a certain amount of speed, slowing to 20mph, speeding up to 60mph, slamming it again and then going in reverse and putting on brakes firmly. Break in would occur after about 400 miles.

To Top