1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is the TSB?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jasonh, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Aug 30, 2008 at 6:46 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    Rob.,.......you actually have the g springs on there, which are supposed to be the revised good springs that took care of the harsh ride problem. so....you may not have any problems with those springs at all.:)

2. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Darnit! I wanted those cool new bilstein springs and a 4 leaf rear! Tanks for your help and information, it was sure a great thought! I'll be posting soon for upgraded suspension advice as I'm looking at the 5100's for up front.

Rob

3. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:23 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    hey man.....no prob! im gonna say this.....go ahead and get billy 5100's on all 4 corners........ride way better than stock. you can get them on ebay from downsouthmotorsports for a really great price. jsut make a reasonable off, and im pretty sure sonny will take it!! he is awesome to deal with!! then, for a little upgraded suspension...........get aals for the rear. it will be a nice setup!!!:)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:35 PM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Awesome, which model should I get the adjustable or the regular ones. What's the lift increase? Will I need to adjust any angles or just do the alignment? And who's a good AAL out there? I had the Donahoe Coilovers on my Tundra and it drove like a sports car, worth every penny, but this time around, I do not have that much to spend on my suspension. Thanks for the recommendation on the billy's, I'll look it up!

Rob

5. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:41 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    if you get billy 5100's, the fronts are adjustable, the rears arent, but the rears dont really need to be. as they are set in the rears for up to around 2 inches of lift anyway. the fronts have 3 settings on them. check out this site too man..... and this one both have some awesome stuff, and i think wheelers may have some aal's, if not, toytec may. also...... they may have an aal......and all of them have some awesome stuff for the tacomas!!

with the billy 5100's on your truck...no need to worry about angles really, but i would do an alignment, as you will be ever so slightly changing the geometry of the front end. hope this helps you get some ideas man!!:)

6. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:54 PM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    Man have I hijacked this thread, but to continue, the billy's from ebay are made for Race Car Dynamics any different? Are the a good match for the Tacoma? I don't know what the "made for" part is from, any thoughts? Thanks again for your encouragement, I'll be getting new suspension soon and most likely new tires too, what I have started :eek:

Rob

7. Aug 30, 2008 at 10:00 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah, race car dynamics is who downsouth gets their shocks from. thats right. and the made for part.....i dont think anyone has figured out that yet, but i dont think its anything really! gotta say......the 5100's are an awesome match for the tacoma. alotta people have them on their newer tacomas, and love them, and i have them on my 04 and they are great!!

and just remember.............threads get hijacked round here all the time.....its a way of life!!!:D

Products Discussed in

To Top