1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What kind of holster do you use?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Blais03, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    Key-Rei

Key-Rei Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 6Spd 4x4 209BSM
    Locker anytime Fog Lights anytime Full LED light conversion TRD cat back Rear cat delete Exaust Y reroute away from actuator Alloy Clutch master 2000 4Runner "Dog Leg" shift leaver Marlin shift seats and bushing Rear seat delete Rear diff breather extension Chrome grille swap Debadge Rear seat delete Honda blower motor beefy plug and wire mod Anytime 12v and USB with volt gauge in bed Blue Sea fuse box Hella AND 70's Caddy horns Low profile recessed hex drain plug swaps Alluminum battery strap 7pin relocated Backup cam on anytime Various other creature comfort and personal taste mods.
    Got pics?

2. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:10 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    1. Yes
    2. No, thats a shadow from the edge of the belt loop.
    And
    3. Yes

scottalot likes this.
  3. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:17 PM
    jc11taco89

jc11taco89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    3 inch toytec 5100 SPC uca's Pelfreybilt front plate bumper with center hoop Pelfreybilt rear plate bumper with swing out B.A.M.F. sliders with kick out Mobtown ifs and trans skid. 33's with rims that are to large.
    Galco king tuck for my 30s, it's IWB and can tuck your shirt in with it. Crossbred is really good to basically a step up from the Galco but as others have said there's like a million and 3 holster Co out there definitely try a few

4. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:51 PM
    irayfz6

irayfz6 TTC #0249

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    McAlester, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Black SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    I have a N82 professional that is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. Only thing I don't like about it is that it has a twist-to-release retention on it. I personally don't see the need for retention on an IWB holster that is worn concealed.

I have tried a buddy's Alien Gear cloak tuck 3, and that will be my next holster. Very comfy backing material, lifetime warranty, and if you decide to switch to a different gun, they will let you trade in and get a new outer shell for the new gun at no charge.

5. Aug 6, 2017 at 12:58 PM
    sr57e

sr57e Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 preRunner
    Motor: k&n intake -Wheels: xd wheels/ dynopro 265/70/17 -Front: icon LT coilovers w/ camburg uniball UCA -Rear: Weavers HD, Icon 2.0r soon: 4.56 gearing/ arb / dual compressor
    i only carry appendix so its all geared for best in the class for me personally; i have g-code for all my glocks, f3 for the lcp. also lions defense is good since you can adjust the degree on your holster, really good for appendix. also have RDR, they make custom, just tell them what you want and they will make it.

Fiend13 likes this.
  6. Aug 6, 2017 at 1:02 PM
    Soflanick

Soflanick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    2001 tacoma prerunner
    5100 front, 5125 rear, 2"all, old ARE topper, 16x8 XD enduro's on 265/75r16 KO2's
    I started out with a vedder light tuck. It helped me figure out what I wanted in a holster. Great holster, but I finally figured I wanted something geared just for appendix carry. I now use gcode, philster, And tier one concealed.

I've found that Jm custom kydex makes the best holster so far for me. It makes a 2 pound sig feel like a small shield.

The 2 clip alien gear style holster is a pain in the ass to put on.

Spend good money on a belt and a holster. You'll see it's worth it.

For the shield , since it's a smaller gun, you can't go wrong with a single clip holster and a nice leather belt.

Vedder also has a great edc belt. It's stiff, but it's easy to adjust for comfort.

Hopefully this helps.

7. Aug 6, 2017 at 1:03 PM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    Nothing personal man but if I made that myself and it was my first attempt I'd throw it away and start over. I wouldn't even want to give that to someone let alone charge for it. Kydex is an art form that takes time to perfect.

That being said, I've got a dozen or so examples of quality kydex craftsmanship from www.ColoradoHolster.com

The owner is a gun guy, in LE (sheriff deputy) has a Tacoma & makes some super bad ass holsters. His turn around time is second to none. He's an all around good guy too and as such I may be biased since he's a friend but I would be saying the same things about his holsters even if I had no idea who he was. He's also a member here although not super active as his multiple jobs keep him pretty busy.

@snichols28

0uTkAsT likes this.
  8. Aug 6, 2017 at 1:21 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    Like i understand this disapproval but can u be more specific, like the above post. If i know where to correct i can make improvements, but "just throw it away and start over" doesnt help much

9. Aug 6, 2017 at 1:25 PM
    Fox2011PM

Fox2011PM "The Mountains are calling"

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4X4 TRD OR
    ADS 2.5" CO's w/adj, ADS 2.5" Rears w/ piggybacks, Firestone air bags and 1.5" AAL, SCS SR8s, Tom Woods custom one piece drive shaft....more to come
    Don't worry brother, he's always like that, has to chime in and give his opinion on everything "guns". Just scan through some of his other posts. I love how people act like someone is holding a gun to their head ( no pun intended ) to buy someone's product. You do fine work man, according to those who actually have your product, and not basing their opinions off of Internet pictures. But hey, that's humanity nowadays. Keep up the good work

yota243[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Aug 6, 2017 at 1:28 PM
    hoverlover

hoverlover Never pet a burning dog.

Member:
    C-137, Laniakea, Virgo, Milky Way, Earth, USA, TX
    Vehicle:
    Things. Stuff. Lots of bad decisions.
    Mostly Zip-Ties
    If you're looking for something in the waistband that is simple, safe, discreet, inexpensive, and just works. Check out sticky holsters.

https://stickyholsters.com/

Don't be quick to judge, once you try one you might find yourself impressed. I've been using mine for almost three years now, carrying whenever I leave the house.

11. Aug 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    I don't feel the need to get out MS Paint to point out what has already been pointed out. So... Ditto.

In addition: mismatched fasteners, lack of fiber washers, the belt loops don't align, sharp & unfinished edges throughout, tall loops will stand out further from waist, etc.

yota243[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Aug 6, 2017 at 1:32 PM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I have a history of not sugar coating things and speaking my mind which rubs some millennials the wrong way. Heck 'em. It looks like shit. Period. Might be the best retention and greatest fitting kydex holster of all time but if it looks like crap then people are going to judge. If you want a finished product people will want to buy you need to focus on EVERY aspect to include the fit & finish.

Scribbles likes this.
  13. Aug 6, 2017 at 3:17 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Standby

scottalot likes this.
  14. Aug 6, 2017 at 3:43 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Megiddo Tactical Group. This is an early beta test run of their AIWB with black multicam for G23 with Inforce APL. It gets carried regularly but not every day like it used to but it's seen a lot of sweat and such. I have the matching mag pouch and had an OWB too but gave it to a buddy bc I never used it. There's really nothing special about it other than quality workmanship but it rides just right for me and is very comfortable all day which is a big part of what's important in a holster
    20170806_183213.jpg 20170806_183229.jpg

Fiend13 and scottalot like this.
  15. Aug 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM
    Key-Rei

Key-Rei Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Key
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 6Spd 4x4 209BSM
    Locker anytime Fog Lights anytime Full LED light conversion TRD cat back Rear cat delete Exaust Y reroute away from actuator Alloy Clutch master 2000 4Runner "Dog Leg" shift leaver Marlin shift seats and bushing Rear seat delete Rear diff breather extension Chrome grille swap Debadge Rear seat delete Honda blower motor beefy plug and wire mod Anytime 12v and USB with volt gauge in bed Blue Sea fuse box Hella AND 70's Caddy horns Low profile recessed hex drain plug swaps Alluminum battery strap 7pin relocated Backup cam on anytime Various other creature comfort and personal taste mods.
    Is the pattern actually in the (kydex?) Material? It almost looks like bonded cotton cammo cloth, which might actually be a good thing, would certanly slide on the undies and skin better but also might hold sweat.

16. Aug 6, 2017 at 8:33 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    It's cloth of some sort glued to the kydex...only way I'll use a kydex holster

Key-Rei[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Aug 6, 2017 at 8:39 PM
    Silverspool

Silverspool Come at me Bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    18T4RORP 16MX5Turbskie 17GT350
    Anyone seen my wallet?
    Fav is a bianchi owb carry lok. Comfy, durable, rides tight. Will buy another when it wears down.

Much like @JimBeam mentio , ive spent hundreds on holsters just to turn around and sell, give em away or toss em. Itll take a while to find the right one for you.

18. Aug 8, 2017 at 4:55 AM
    bhughesru03

bhughesru03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    20 TRD OR 4x4 MGM
    +1

19. Aug 9, 2017 at 4:30 PM
    MonroeTaco

MonroeTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Winder, GA.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Off Road
  20. Aug 9, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    I like the *idea* (don't have one) of the Clinger no print wonder holster. After having kydex/leather holsters and full kydex and it combines the best features of each. By that I mean it has the ability to mold to your body due to one clip being on leather, but it has the slimness of a full kydex holster.

https://clingerholsters.com/product/no-print-wonder-holster/

Products Discussed in

To Top