1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What lifts void warranty?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jpf8653, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Jan 29, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    Jpf8653

Jpf8653 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Revtek 3" lift, Tinted Windows Wheels n' Tires Door Sill Protectors Rockford fosgate P3 shallow w/ alpine mono 500 amp in a MR MARV PORTED box Weathertech floor liner Rear TSB Pioneer 3200BT Double Din touch screen
    Hey the name is Justin. I have been searching for that right used tacoma to take home. I think I finally found it and it is toyota certified. My question is does leveling kits void this warranty? Also the same question for suspension lifts.

2. Jan 29, 2009 at 8:24 AM
    SilverSeven

SilverSeven Rock Solid Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    6" 35s mud and scratched to shit
    I dont know, but I have a drop bracket (probabl the worst for warranty) and no one ever gives me issues at the dealer... Lucky I guess

3. Jan 29, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    yea i was kinda wondering the same thing before i lift mine prior to the warranty running out

4. Jan 29, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    In general-the warrantor has to prove that the modification caused the damage needing repair.

Extreme example- You lift/level your truck and the engine blows- No correlation and your warranty is still good.
    Another example- you lift your truck and don't use UCA's- and destroy your CV joints....Might not be covered.

5. Jan 29, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Google Magnusson-Moss Act.

Products Discussed in

To Top