1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What made you buy your first taco?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by InfamousTonyTaco7714, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Aug 25, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    This is my first "Tacoma", but I've had 2 Toyota pickups before.

My dad was always into Toyota trucks and had a '92 access cab, so when I was 16 I got a new '95 regular cab 4x4. The first Tacomas were already hitting dealers' lots, but I didn't like the new look of them, so I got the leftover model.

After that I went through a couple different vehicles before getting a used '88 regular cab 4x4. It was in great shape for it's age and served me well for several years before I just needed more room. Sold it to a buddy and it was totalled a few months later when a girl ran a stop sign and T-boned him.

Earlier this year I needed a new rig, so I traded in on the new Taco. Based on my previous experience with the Toyota pickups I knew I'd love it and didn't even look at other brands.

My dad still has the '95. It's an extra vehicle and doesn't get driven much, so it's still in awesome shape. My step-daughter is going to start driving in a year or so, so maybe I'll buy it back from him :)

Products Discussed in

To Top