1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What size drop bar with 6" lift + 33's

Discussion in 'Towing' started by SuperD, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Feb 28, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    SuperD

SuperD [OP] Mall Cruiser Pilot

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    ProComp 6" Stage II, 18x9 Moto Metal 955's, Cooper Discoverer STT 305/60R18, K&N FIPK, Go-Rhino Stainless side steps, Redline Elite hood struts, Magnaflow muffler, Delta Alum. Toolbox, Husky Liners F/R, Window tint
    Any of you guys with a 6" lift and 33's tow much? How long of a drop bar did you get to keep the trailer fairly level. 6"? 8"? 10"?

I know, I could wait until I have my lift and tires installed and see for myself, but I wanted to go ahead and order the drop bar now and have it ready.

2. Mar 1, 2009 at 6:35 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    You can't order it now really, and no-one can really answer that one for you as the answer will be different based on what trailer you have. ie: level for a small boat trailer will be different form an enclosed car hauler, which will be different from a pop-up camper, which will be different from a full hardside rv.

Also with a lift, you are changing the suspension, so the rear will not squat the same when the trailer is hooked up post lift as it did pre-lift, so it's not even as simple as adding the lift plus half the tire difference to your exhisting drop. It's best to wait.

Regards,

3. Mar 1, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    SuperD

SuperD [OP] Mall Cruiser Pilot

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    ProComp 6" Stage II, 18x9 Moto Metal 955's, Cooper Discoverer STT 305/60R18, K&N FIPK, Go-Rhino Stainless side steps, Redline Elite hood struts, Magnaflow muffler, Delta Alum. Toolbox, Husky Liners F/R, Window tint
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks Adam!

Products Discussed in

To Top