1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what springs r best?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by roweboater, May 9, 2010.

1. May 9, 2010 at 11:15 PM
    roweboater

roweboater [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    utah
    Vehicle:
    '00 reg. cab silver
    3" lift body and suspension. 32" cooper stt tires on black 16" rims. diamond plate husky tool box. header. intake. magnaflow catalytic, and flowmaster muffler or brands switched can't quite remember.
    Hey guys i just got my first tacoma about 2-3 months agoo. i always wanted one since i was little. It's a 2000 4 cyl. with a header, magnaflow catalytic converter( have to have one where i live and didn't have one on it), a flowmaster muffler, and 3" lift. i need to replace my front shocks they are leaking supposively but it feels like the almost bottom out type of feel sometimes now and i want to get them fixed before i take it up to my dads cabin. any suggestions on what kind and/or where to get good reliable ones. i have a guy that will help me install them personally so don't need to worry about that just need the actual shocks. if you guys could help me out that'd be great!

2. May 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    OME's or Bilstein 5100's

3. May 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    roweboater

roweboater [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    utah
    Vehicle:
    '00 reg. cab silver
    3" lift body and suspension. 32" cooper stt tires on black 16" rims. diamond plate husky tool box. header. intake. magnaflow catalytic, and flowmaster muffler or brands switched can't quite remember.
    Thanks! also any good suggestions about replacing the cv boots they're torn and not sure if i should worry about to much(even though i am) or get them fixed before it causes more damage. but i haven't gone through any real serious stuff(haven't even used the 4 wheel yet) because i'm one of those guys that wants things done right and doesn't want to ruin it

4. May 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    I know you can get replacement boots but im not sure where. All pro may make them. Also just so you know, the 5100 shocks are on back order everywhere until the end of the month or so. Im waiting on them too.

5. May 9, 2010 at 11:36 PM
    roweboater

roweboater [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    utah
    Vehicle:
    '00 reg. cab silver

thanks for your help.

Products Discussed in

To Top