1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What tire are you guys running.

Discussion in 'Ontario, Canada' started by blackgen2tacoma, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Feb 27, 2024 at 3:27 AM
    blackgen2tacoma

blackgen2tacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2013 black Tacoma limited
    Looking at replacing my cooper discover at3 ltx. Bought the truck it with these tires are hard and weather cracked. Tire size is 285/75r17 load e.
    What tires do you guys have on your daily. Would like to do some off-roading this year with you guys. I don’t like k02. Looking at falken wild peaks / Toyo open country at3 or replace with same tire. Do you guys all run e load tires or can I get away with p/c/d load . I read numerous reviews and they are all over the place. Thanks.

2. Feb 27, 2024 at 4:48 AM
    Windigo

Windigo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Farook
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    '14 Acess Cab
    Mickey Tomphson Baja Boss A/t

3. Feb 27, 2024 at 4:52 AM
    Road_Warrior

Road_Warrior There is nothing on my horizon except everything

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black SR5 4x4
    The K03 was released recently, and the Wildpeak AT4W. I currently run the General Grabbers in E load. I have about 45K miles on this set and they still have about half tread life left. They are incredible all-around tires.

The only downside so far is that they have some cupping and are a bit noisy but I believe that’s probably my fault.

I’d recommend them and I’m considering getting another set when these wear out (if they ever do). I’m debating between another set of these and the new Wildpeak AT4W.

blackgen2tacoma[OP] likes this.
  4. Feb 27, 2024 at 5:04 AM
    Marshall R

Marshall R Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD double cab
    none
    If you do a LOT of off road driving or even on rough unimproved roads the load range E tires are tougher and will resist damage better. To a lesser extent so will C and D rated tires. But if I'm going to anything over a P or standard load tire I'd just go with an E rated tire.

But I've never seen anything larger than a 265/75/16 in a P rated tire. If you're going to stay with 285/75's you're probably going to have to go with C,D, or E. There are a lot more options with E rated tires than C or D.

I've never used anything bigger than 265/75/16 but I've had both P and E rated tires. Currently have these in a P rating on my Tacoma

Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT | Discount Tire

That's the most aggressive P rated tire I could find. I like them well enough but they aren't the best rain tire.

5. Feb 27, 2024 at 5:08 AM
    Shveet

Shveet joe-shmo

Member:
    Own-tario
    Vehicle:
    2018 shitbox
    I dont think i'd recommend the ko4. They are designed for dry & sandy stuff.
    If the ko4 has anywhere remotely a similar wet-weather performance as the ko3. I would rather drive on racing slicks because the ko3s are TERRIBLE in cold/ wet weather. God forbid any snow.

Imo for general highway and a bit of trails, the wildpeaks you can't really beat.
    Personally running a set of blizzacks for the winter but my regular tire is the cooper st maxx in a 255/85/16.

6. Feb 27, 2024 at 5:14 AM
    dangeroso

dangeroso Just float along and fill your lungs

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    I have run Wildpeaks in the past, but have BFG Trail Terrains now. I much prefer the Trail Terrains.

7. Feb 29, 2024 at 3:26 AM
    blackgen2tacoma

blackgen2tacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2013 black Tacoma limited
    Thanks guy for your inputs. I ended up going with Toyo open country at3 in a 285/70 r17 in a standard load and ordered kmc wheels km724 to go with them. Saved over 10 lbs a corner. As a use my truck 90% on pavement.

Windigo likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top