1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What to do??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tarheelfan_08, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dec 11, 2008 at 4:20 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    ^^^ This is exactly what I'd want my man to do, actually he does just that so I knew he was a keeper. We have a mutual friend who I had a relationship with, I was honest about the prior relationship with him so he has no need to worry or be jealous, we all hang out without a problem.

This party is about your friend not you or your girlfriend, if you don't go 1. she will be upset 2. you will regret it 3. your friend will be upset 4. heaven forbid but what if something happened to your friend while he is gone

This isn't going to get you far in this relationship or future relationships, I hope you learn before you get hurt many many times. We have all been cheated on, we get over it and move on. Trust someone till they give you a reason not to.

Harsh :) but I agree. If you are so worried about it why are you even with her? (or why is she with you) Trust is a major factor in a successful relationship, without trust why even deal with it?

Oh yeah and you might be able to tell this girl what to do now, but hopefully she gets over that and tells you what to do/where to go and as you get older (you mentioned school) you will learn that women are not going to tolerate it.
    Tell me that and :smack:

2. Dec 11, 2008 at 4:29 AM
    goofyboy

goofyboy Longhorn.

Member:
    Katy, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    keep acting like a douche and you won't have to worry about who she is talking too. You aren't planting any flags, so get over it. Grow a pair, shake the guys hand and say hello. You aren't her first rodeo and with your current attitude, you won't be her last.

3. Dec 11, 2008 at 5:43 AM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Be the bigger man! Show you have confidence in yourself and your relationship with her. Have her introduce you to him and say a few words (nice ones, not insults) and go on your way. That will show him that you're secure in your relationship and the past is just that, the past. How do you think she would feel if she knew one of your exes was going to be at a party that you were both going to? I think being the bigger man and being polite to the guy will make you look really good to her.

4. Dec 11, 2008 at 7:36 AM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    I'm pretty much seconding what everybody else said, but I gotta say--she's probably not going to put up with the telling her whom she can have a conversation with shit for very long. You've only been together for six months and you are already telling her what to do? You might want to seek help for these trust and jealousy issues--for the sake of any relationships that you may have. Jealousy sucks--leads to a crapload of problems. Ultimately, what you are going to be asking her to do is choose between you, and everybody that she knows now or will know in the future that you might not want her to talk to. Think long and hard about whether or not you care enough about her NOT to do that to her. This is a self-fulfilling prophecy: if you try to control her (or any woman) to avoid her doing what you do not want her to do, you will create the perfect reasons for her to do what you do not want her to do. She is, after all, a sentient being with a life and a mind of her own.

Personally,(not that this has anything to do with anything :rolleyes:) if I were her, and a guy had said that to me, I would be able to talk to my ex all I wanted because the guy who said that I "could only say 'hey'" would no longer be a part of the equation.

5. Dec 11, 2008 at 7:49 AM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    X 2. put her out of her misery now. if you dont trust her then cut her loose now and save yourself some huge arguments and a painful breakup a couple weeks from now.

6. Dec 11, 2008 at 12:30 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    There ya go suger-coating again. Tell him how you really feel.:D

7. Dec 11, 2008 at 12:48 PM
    praetor

praetor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Accesscab TRD Off Road
    Looks like you have no other choice than to grow a pair and be a real man. If nothing else listen to Hot tamale, FoxySandChick and Charli. If you can't do that then goofyboy has it right

8. Dec 11, 2008 at 1:20 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    the bro got all mad at me over this and threatened to fight me if I dont treat his siter better!! WTF LOL

9. Dec 11, 2008 at 2:00 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    But I think its the stress getting to him!

10. Dec 11, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    That would be a hint and half for your a$$ that she's not happy with you telling her what she is or isn't allowed to do. :eek:

I doubt it's stress--he probably figures it's a short trip from giving her orders to hitting her. I'm not saying that you would ever do something like that, but control issues are fairly common in the profile of abusers. :eek:

11. Dec 11, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I would never ever hit her!

12. Dec 11, 2008 at 3:01 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    QFT. I agree wholeheartedly.

We don't know that and neither does he. If she was my sister I'd say the exact same thing to you.

I've only told my GF to do one thing. And that's stop smoking weed. Other than that, I couldn't care less if she went climbing with other dudes, hiking, work parties or whatever. I usually go with her, but if I can't then I have no problem with someone else taking her.

I'm the one who parks my dick in her so what do I care?

Sorry, I should rephrase that, I'm the ONLY one.

And she's the only one who rides me like it's a goddamn rodeo. So buck the fuck up chum.

13. Dec 11, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    You hope that lol

14. Dec 11, 2008 at 4:16 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    When you're hung like me, her cheating on me would be like going from my 4.0L to her 94 Civic.

15. Dec 12, 2008 at 2:58 AM
    FoxySandChick

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    My Dad said he'd fly out and give my ex-hubby a beating of his own, all my guy friends said the same thing...wonder why he is my ex now :rolleyes:. Brothers are usually extremely protective of sisters, so I'd take the hint and if he knows your business that means she is talking about it and not happy.
    X2
    That is what my ex-hubby said too...it only lasted so long. He had emotional and anger/control issues also.

What would you do if you are all at the party and you are out chatting with some buddies, she goes inside to get a drink and he approaches her and they are chatting, you notice and head over there, she gives you the cold shoulder and continues chatting with this guy, he acknowledges your presence, but they pretty much ignore you...you get angry and.....you aren't going to take it out on her right, so you confront him, maybe step between them and motion for her to proceed away with you, she declines and goes past you back to where he is in front of you, he asks you what your problem is and...oh no they have both just called you out, so she wont leave and he is standing up for her to you..you already said you'd want to punch him..so now she is going to try and prevent that and stand up for him, now its both of them against you and then the entire party against you and now you have ruined the party that is for your friend who is leaving to fight a war!! and then you lost the girl and probably a number of friends and will probably also end up with your ass beat. :smack:

16. Dec 12, 2008 at 3:11 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Thats a really good description of the probable scenario there foxy...

17. Dec 12, 2008 at 3:21 AM
    FoxySandChick

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    ;) Thanks, I think it very probable, I'm curious what the OP thinks. I don't think he thinks too far ahead of things though.

When I'm faced with an uncomfortable or unknown situation I like to think about what the possible senarios and outcomes could be, probably learned that on the PD.

18. Dec 12, 2008 at 7:10 AM
    praetor

praetor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Accesscab TRD Off Road
    Ditto. That is a great discription how one ass goes into a party with buddies and a girlfriend and comes out bleeding or extremely piss off and drunk. Either way he leaves the party alone. I've seen it.

19. Dec 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hell Yeah Sister! Kick Ass description.

20. Dec 12, 2008 at 6:25 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Oh yeah, I forgot about my Halloween party!

I was sitting down with my friends having some drinks at the club while my GF was dancing with one of my friends friends. (Some chick he works with) Two guys kept hitting on them and trying to dance with them, but they just got ignored.

My friends were like, you're pretty relaxed for having those guys hit on your woman.

Whatever, he's the one going home with blue balls. :p

Products Discussed in

To Top