1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What tweets to match with 6x9's

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 06TXED, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Oct 14, 2010 at 6:05 PM

06TXED [OP] Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    First Name:
    Cedar Park / Austin
    2013 DCSB MGM TRD OR 4x4
    Fox 2.5 c/o, Camburg UCA, OME Dakar, Fox 2.0 rear, LED interior light kit, LED fogs, LED headlights, Nitto G2, MB black wheels, diff breather mod, All AMSOIL syn fluids, XRXS bed cross bars, full debagged, shortened OEM antenna mod, Wet suit seatcovers, and fog light any time mod.
    Ok so I have been trying to find out what tweeters to get to match up to my Kicker 6x9 3-way speakers. Most of every one here either has components or 6x9's for there front door speakers but not 6x9's with aftermarket tweeters. I really don't want to remove the front door panels just to replace the 6x9 speakers with out yanking out the factory tweets at the same time. I will be on HU power (i know) till I can get an amp and rear door speakers. I don't plan on instaling any subs just door speakers with an amp all in due time. I need advise on the tweeters only what brands, models, and what size to get?
  2. Oct 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM

DevL Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Get 6.5" or 6x9 components. Extra tweets wont make up for the lack of clarity in your 3 ways and it will be a horrible mess trying to power them correctly. Thats what passive crosovers are for in components.
To Top