1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What work boots are you wearing to work?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Alfred, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Apr 4, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    Not mine. As I said before my last pair lasted 6 years. I work with many construction workers that wear them and love them.

Soul Surfer likes this.
  2. Apr 5, 2015 at 7:56 AM
    velillen

velillen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4
    Ive had two pairs of . Luckily my work lets us get new boots every 6 months, or if your current pair is just worn out they will replace them. Only get 100 bucks so thankfully these work for it!

Georgia Giant Men's Romeo Slip-On Work Shoe

I have really enjoyed them as have many of my coworkers. I have yet to have any boot really last more than 9-12 months. But we work on ships so there is a lot of crawling, walking up ladders, non-skid, and other not just walking involved. Even with that these boots have held up great. The biggest factor is just non tread left after 9 months. But everyday sees 6 miles of walking in them plus the actual work on the boats.

My dad who did the same work before retiring always went with Redwings. He always liked them and they tended to last him 2 years from what I remember.

3. Apr 5, 2015 at 8:03 AM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    i used timberland pro pit boss for two summer. good boot for the price. could probably make them last a lot longer if I took better care of the leather at first.

4. Apr 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM
    06TRDsport

06TRDsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 F250 Diesel and 1999 4Runner
    I was buying Redwings for a few years but decided they didn't last long enough for what they cost. I then wore Wolverine for the last two years. For the price they were ok. This year I decided to try Danner Quarry's. They were a bitch to break in, but since then I love them. I've only had them a couple months, but they seem like they will hold up well.

5. Apr 5, 2015 at 9:24 AM
    Alfred

Alfred [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alfred
    California
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport 4X4 DCSB
    Ive worn ariat, wolverine, Carolinas, and Georgia boots but none ever last me a full year. I believe its just the work I do contains lots of walking and going up stairs, wet floors. I just got a new pair of ariats rigtek waterproof. I will see how these hold up. The tread pattern looks a lot different then my last pair of ariats.

6. Apr 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
  7. Apr 8, 2015 at 6:39 AM
    browntaco

browntaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 Trd SR5 V6
    aluminum TRD rims.
  8. Apr 8, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    nealkas

nealkas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nealkas
    Pee-Ay
    Vehicle:
    08 Superwhite DCSB 4x4, stock.
    Best workboot is like best religion.
    Highly individual choice.

I was a clodhopper kid. :eek::p
    Worn boots since I'm about 4-y/o.

I have 2 pair of slip-on Muck boots I use for wet.
    Very comfy, and I generally don't like slip-on shoes.

Every zipper boot I've had wears a hole in my ankle and eventually blows out at the zipper.

I have 2 pair Rocky's right now, got them on special last year, but they're getting beat.

I wear Goodwill clothes, but I won't skimp on workboots.
    Otoh, I've tried "premium priced" boots and to be honest, never had much more luck than good 'middle-price' boots.
    I spend an awful lot of time bending down or crouching, and it plays hell on the seams no matter what I buy.

My feet sweat like mad. I can sweat through leather boots.
    Always have.
    I generally try to buy 2 pairs at a time.
    This way I can wear them on alternate days and they really dry out.

I wear insoles due my feet, ankles, and knees are trashed.
    I also wear good socks.

9. Apr 8, 2015 at 7:42 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Definitely going to be trying out some of the boots listed in this thread! I've been through a ton of boots and need to find a better solution. Right now I have Redwings. They're not bad, seem to be wearing well. The last pair I had were taken back by Redwing after 3 months because the liner inside let go. They were great with the warranty, just a hassle of getting new boots and breaking them in. I've tried Timberland Pros (terrible boot, never broke in properly), Caterpillar (ok boots, I think I bought the wrong size, wore out quickly), Iron Age (upstate NY company, very comfy steel toe boots but wear out quickly. They're cheap though so I don't mind the fast wear. They break in quickly also) and I've tried cheap Wally World boots (never again). I think Carolina will be the next boot I try.

10. Apr 8, 2015 at 4:04 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Depends what you do with them and how much you like your feet :p.

Carolinas are my "Boot" for construction,driving in New Hampshire ...took on anything year round but now that I am in Florida ,Ariat Heritage Ropers get the job done.......... ;)

I am in an stationary office now and walking out into the "Shop" requires work boots . The Ariats make the 1-2 miles walking back and forth an easy task and if I bother to "clean them up" ,they can easily be worn for any function the Mrs. drags me too in DownTown FT.Myers :cool:

Hi Pugga,:wave: You keep doing your "Snow Dance" and you might need boots 8 months a year....:rolleyes:

11. Apr 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
  12. Jan 7, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    AustinPizzini

AustinPizzini Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Huntersville NC
    Vehicle:
    006 ACLB SR5 ON KINGS
    285/75/16 Micky Thompson Baja MTZ P3, king 2.5 Resi coilovers, spiderTrax, cbi hood brackets, caliraised led pods, caliraised led bar in lower valance, UWS tool box, blacked out emblems, 18% tint, lots of audio stuffs
    i only wear justin work boots. i love them

13. Jan 7, 2016 at 6:30 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Wut?

14. Jan 7, 2016 at 6:32 AM
    SigGuy

SigGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC SR5
    ADS Coilovers & Camburg UCAs @ Front, Wheelers 5-leaf HD & 5100s @ Rear, Satoshi Grill, Pelfrybilt Rear Bumper, BAK Roll X, WeatherTech Floor Liners and Vent Visors, Wet Okole Covers, @mrmarv/Kenwood/HAT/Arc Audio system
  15. Jan 7, 2016 at 6:35 AM
    Mobtown Offroad

Mobtown Offroad Boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Harrington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 4Runner
    Timberland Pro.

I will never buy another pair. Sole is separating from boot on right foot, left foot the inside of the boot where you pull on the tab at the top to help guide your foot in, the boot is falling apart and now has a hole in the back. I've had them less than a year and I am not hard on them at all. Wear them because they're comfortable while standing on concrete floor inside for 12 hours a day.

16. Jan 7, 2016 at 6:41 AM
    SigGuy

SigGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC SR5
    ADS Coilovers & Camburg UCAs @ Front, Wheelers 5-leaf HD & 5100s @ Rear, Satoshi Grill, Pelfrybilt Rear Bumper, BAK Roll X, WeatherTech Floor Liners and Vent Visors, Wet Okole Covers, @mrmarv/Kenwood/HAT/Arc Audio system
    I was going through those every 5 or 6 months. My Red Wings last 2+ years. You definitely pay for them, though.

17. Jan 7, 2016 at 8:14 AM
    Mobtown Offroad

Mobtown Offroad Boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Harrington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 4Runner
    Good tip. I'd rather buy a pair every couple years.

SigGuy[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jan 7, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Alfred[OP] likes this.
  19. Jan 7, 2016 at 10:57 AM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
  20. Jan 8, 2016 at 3:56 AM
    Stockotaco

Stockotaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno TRD Off Road 4x4 w/man pedal
    All Stock
    I wear Crocs! I usually kick them off under my desk and walk around the office barefoot. I'm a manly man!!!!

TXpro4X4 and COCOMA-JEFF like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top