1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What would be my best bet

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Xewkija631, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mar 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    Xewkija631

Xewkija631 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    LI,NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK DC TRD OFF ROAD
    I want to buy new tires (bigger/wider) I have a 2k budget but prefer not to spend all of it on tires and rims. I drive a lot of highway and plan on driving on the beach A LOT and during the winter we get a nice amount of snow. So I was thinking and wanted some advice, should I just keep my stock rims and buy the biggest tire that can fit on them? I feel like it wont be much of a difference but I may be wrong or just buy a new set of wheels and tires? and if I went with that route what would be the biggest I can go without having ay problems? I heard about rubbing or something like that. And in the near future I also do plan on getting a lift kit but that will be later. I would like to get a little height from the wheels if possible. Ugh I don't know what I would do without TW.

Thank You!

2. Mar 20, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    truckboattruck

truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    MD
    Vehicle:
    silver sport
    99superjet 11ktm350
    get tires with a weakish side wall so you can air down for driving on a beach, id say an all terrain, (bfg) since you will also be doing highway

3. Mar 20, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Strong sidewall makes it super hard to air down because you damn near have to take it to single digits to get them to flex at all.

4. Mar 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    Xewkija631

Xewkija631 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    LI,NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK DC TRD OFF ROAD
    Any suggestions of a tire with with weak sidewalls that are big though

thank you

5. Mar 22, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I'm not too familiar with ones with weak side walls. However I hear the Mickey Thompson MTZs I'm rocking flex really well.

However if you're looking for sand use, have a look at Nitto Dune Grapplers. They were specifically made for kicking it in the sand.

Another good one is GoodYear DuraTrac for sidewall flex.

Products Discussed in

To Top