1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What would you do?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bassTaco, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sep 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    bassTaco

bassTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma D-Cab Prerunner V6
    I have a 2004 Tacoma Prerunner DCAB 2WD and looking at leveling my truck and maybe a small lift between 2.5" to 3". I don't do any serious offroading, the lift is mainly to fit larger tires. I've done a lot of reading on this site and looked at various options on what I want and here's what I think.

My Ultimate Setup,
    Bilstein 5100 shocks on all 4 corners.
    Front Eibach Coils / 1/4" spacer for taco lean
    Wheeler's Leaf Pack

My problem is that I cannot buy all these components at once so thinking about slowly building it up to the ultimate setup above and looking for suggestions on how to best approach this.

Here's the parts I would get in order.
    1) Front Bilstein shocks.
    2) Rear Bilstein shocks and for the short term maybe get some 1.5" AALs. Adjust the front shocks to raise the front depending on sagging on the rear. Eventually I would want to get a full leaf spring set to replace my sagging stocked springs.
    3) Buy front coils, adjust the front shocks to sit at 0" or 0.85" depending how much lift I need to level off the front with respect to the rear.
    4) Buy 1.5" Leaf Spring pack and if needed re-adjust the front shocks again. Sell my 1.5" AAL at a good deal.

If you were in my shoes what would you do differently and why?
    Thanks in advance!

To Top