1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kingston73, May 3, 2015.

1. May 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    im just curious to hear how others would handle this situation. The wife and I have sold our house and if all goes well will be closing and handing over the keys in a few weeks. Fortunately her parents offered to let us stay with them until we find a house to buy, all good so far, right?

Well, now the hard part, in the last couple years my wife has become increasingly unhappy with her job and the past couple months have been especially tough. She's decided she definitely needs a new job, but where to look for both a new job and new house?? I'm not changing my job, I hope to stay and eventually retire where I am.

My one thought is somewhat toward the idea we should find a great house we really like and just deal with whatever commute we both end up with. My other thought is we stay with her parents until she finds a job and then look for a house in an area 1/2 way between her work and mine. I don't like this idea because 1. I don't want to be a burden on her parents and 2. I think an extended stay is going to stress the relationships of both her parents and U.S.

Anybody ever been in a position like this? What did/would you do in my place?

2. May 3, 2015 at 5:16 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Moving back to my Parents home (at their urging) turned out to be one of the happiest times of my life. Man, I wish I could have those days back. If your Wife is unhappy then she needs another job. One step at a time and it will all work out. Good luck!

3. May 15, 2015 at 2:32 PM
    Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    New England
    Vehicle:
    Not a Tacoma yet...
    What about plan C: put your stuff in storage, rent a furnished place while she looks for work.

4. May 15, 2015 at 2:49 PM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    Yea I agree with one thing at a time. Moving and changing careers are very stressful by themselves.

My personal opinion, the housing market is in a bubble right now. Depending on when you bought your house, you may make a good return after you pay off your mortgage. If that is the case, I would sell the house and move in to the parents house. In the meantime, let your wife look for the right job (not just any job). Once that is established, then focus on buying a new house. Eventually the housing market is going to go back down, at which point you will be in a great position to buy the house you really want instead of what you can live with.

5. May 15, 2015 at 3:42 PM
    Canazes9

Canazes9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 Dbl Cab TRD Sport / '12 Dbl Cab Offroad

^^this^^^

David

Products Discussed in