1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What would you like in aftermarket flares for 05+?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by The_Hodge, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mar 25, 2017 at 9:34 PM
    austinrauh

austinrauh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    05 AC OR
    Thanks for the reply I'll find them on Facebook, yeah I hate the fake bolts on the bush wackers but also hate that anytime I go through mud or anything that it's up the entire side of my truck

2. Mar 25, 2017 at 9:37 PM
    PNW BlueReaper

PNW BlueReaper Slowly but Surely

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Indigo Ink Tacoma
    Wheels? Those look badass.

3. Mar 26, 2017 at 12:37 AM
    SUMOTNK

SUMOTNK Pavement Pounder / Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    NorCal/South Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Looks like a Gen2.5 TRD Sport, but really an '08 TRD OffRoad
    TRD Supercharged / OTT Tuned
    Good luck with the install of the JungleFlares and I'm saying that with complete sincerity. You'll see what I mean when you get them.....

pa blaster likes this.
  4. Mar 26, 2017 at 5:56 AM
    Dixon22

Dixon22 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Double D
    Branson, Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dcab TRD SR5 PreRunner
    66 Series K&N intake, NFAB Nerf Bars, LED's for interior Map Reading and Overhead lighting AAL in Rear(TSB Fix), Magna Flow Exhaust, Spyder CFL Halo, LED, Projector Headlamps,(CarId.com, price-match'd & Mil. Discount applied) 2 in Front Leveling, Roof Rack, Tacoma Bed Mat, 20x10 Full Throttle(Tucson Branded) LugBolts swapped/extended to accomodate Brake Calipers 275/55 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's Stock Spare still attached, Kenwood Dual Din Unit, Latest Purchase: -Jungle Fender Flares FG (fiberglass version), To be Mounted. -Reviews of product will be left once I get them on. -Red Rear Fog Light (European Requirement) Trying to custom fit(will post if I'm able to complete the custom fit I want to do, rather than a big ugly square light underneath the bumper like most people do) -LED's for License Plate light and all Parking lights Future Mod's: Maybe adjustable rear shocks to counter the slight "California Stance/Baja"
    BlueReaper: Please note- These are a custom-fit job, The brake-caliper prevents some wheels to be fitted on our Taco's. Just so you know, we went the extra mile to get these on my ride because that's how much I actually like them myself. I didn't like the FUEL, and XD's, etc…. I wanted something no one else has, and once these caught my eyes, SOLD.

Tire & Wheel Wholesale
    3850 E 44th St,

Tucson, AZ 85713

(520) 269-7705

Full Throttle, 20's wrapped with a 275/55 Scorpion ATR,(as I don't go off pavement and gravel much at all). Here it's narrow-ass farm roads, bumpy pavement, and of course old as shit cobblestone. Wicked bumpy! Like 3 mph, ride your brake, slip into neutral, and brace your titties bumpy! Anyhow, I got these from my friends in Tucson, AZ. I've since then moved. You are going to want to ask for Nacho(like the chips with cheese and toppings, minus the (s)) Please let him know that Dixon referred you as I really want them to know I'm promoting them. He'll be able to give you their website info and answer questions for you. They aren't as public because they supply a lot of the southwest with Wheels and Tires, individual sales isn't exactly their "MoneyMaker" They move a lot of tires monthly, a lot! The only kick-back I would get, hopefully. When I need new tires or different wheels for any of my new peeps here in Belgium/Europe, he'll send them to us for with less hassle and hopefully off set the cost due to import Tax, VAT, and Custom Fee's. Which are usually 65% of the overall cost of the item being shipped into this country. For lack of better words, CRAZY Ridiculous! So you can really understand how crazy I'm talking about: I order a $200.00 item, pay $60 for it be air shipped into Belgium via my local living address. The fee's are based on $260.00 and taxes come out to be approx. 110.00Euros! No way around that shit for now. Just sayin'…..

So long story short buddy. Hah….. If the number or info isn't available by clicking on the embedded info below, hit me up and i'll give it differently. Call T & W Tires, Tucson, Ask for ________ NACHO, he will be busy I promise, tell him you would love to know and see more of what they have and that you heard about them from "Dixon, black Taco they just helped me with back in January" they also have other brands, and some sick Car Wheels too if you wanna get your gangsta lean on. Good luck and let me know if you need anything brother. Always like to help others get hook ups if I can. I'm long winded this morning and geeked on coffee.

<iframe height="1275" width="1000" border="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="https://www.mapquest.com/embed/us/a...7165815,-110.910072325132&zoom=14&maptype=map"></iframe>

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  5. Mar 26, 2017 at 5:59 AM
    Dixon22

Dixon22 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Double D
    Branson, Missouri
    Vehicle:
    66 Series K&N intake, NFAB Nerf Bars, LED's for interior Map Reading and Overhead lighting AAL in Rear(TSB Fix), Magna Flow Exhaust, Spyder CFL Halo, LED, Projector Headlamps,(CarId.com, price-match'd & Mil. Discount applied) 2 in Front Leveling, Roof Rack, Tacoma Bed Mat, 20x10 Full Throttle(Tucson Branded) LugBolts swapped/extended to accomodate Brake Calipers 275/55 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's Stock Spare still attached, Kenwood Dual Din Unit, Latest Purchase: -Jungle Fender Flares FG (fiberglass version), To be Mounted. -Reviews of product will be left once I get them on. -Red Rear Fog Light (European Requirement) Trying to custom fit(will post if I'm able to complete the custom fit I want to do, rather than a big ugly square light underneath the bumper like most people do) -LED's for License Plate light and all Parking lights Future Mod's: Maybe adjustable rear shocks to counter the slight "California Stance/Baja"
    IMG_7222.jpg

Okay, so why are you trying to scare me? I'm playing'. Please tell me what you know man. Any tricks to the trade? I'm hoping you had a different year or maybe they were made differently then, something that will make me feel a little better. I'm scared of how long it's going to take me already, now a little worse. hahah. Expand on that sincere comment please. When I get them, I already got them, just waiting for a full day so I attempt to not jack anything up and I don't have any tools here yet either as I just moved and still waiting on my actual junk to get in the country too.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  6. Mar 26, 2017 at 4:05 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge [OP] Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the install wasnt that bad. takes fitting since they do not use the stock fender holes to mount.

7. Mar 26, 2017 at 4:35 PM
    austinrauh

austinrauh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    05 AC OR
    Oh they don't, that would be cool if someone made a how too so I could see the process:rolleyes:

8. Mar 26, 2017 at 4:41 PM
    SUMOTNK

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    NorCal/South Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    @Dixon22

First and foremost, thank you for your service in the US Military... It is very much appreciated and applauded.

I have a '08 DCSB and purchased the Jungle fender flares a couple years ago. The shipment box looks the same as yours....shipped from Thailand. I mocked them up against the truck and had no complaints about the appearance. The flares were definitely wider than stock and IMO, looked better than the dimpled screw look of the Bushwackers.

The thing is, like what jhodge83 said, is that the flares do not using the stock mounting holes and clips to attach to the fenders of the truck. In fact, I don't recall the flares nor bumper caps to have had any mounting points besides a flat tab near the lead and trailing edges. This is where the product is lacking and I've seen a few methods/ideas that people have used to get these things installed.

IMO, one of the better methods of installing these things is also one of the hokiest methods. If you have surfed the JF website in the past, you've might have seen the black Tacoma DC from Hawaii that had the flares. https://www.junglefenderflares.com/toyota-tacoma.html He basically mounted the JF flare on top of the stock flare in order to reuse the stock mounting points and hardware. Not very elegant since you're just stacking one flare on top of another and you'll also see the leading edge of the stock flare after its all said and done. But hey, it works...

As for myself, I knew that I wanted my flares to be color-matched so I left it up to the autobody shop to work their magic. Their "magic" wasn't very elegant either as they basically epoxied a mounting point/tab on the JF flare that could then attach to the hole in the fender where the clip would have went. But hey.... it also works too.

End result, i like the way it looks.......just wish they thought of a better and easier method to attach these things ( a la Bushwackers).

Dixon22[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Mar 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM
    pa blaster

pa blaster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    central pa
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's front & rear , Eibach springs, LR uca,Icon progressive aal
    Had them on my 07 hated them since day one:censored:

10. Mar 26, 2017 at 5:46 PM
    SUMOTNK

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    NorCal/South Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    20170326_174315.jpg 20170326_174228.jpg
    JF flares... you decide if it's worth it.

11. Mar 29, 2017 at 11:21 AM
    Dixon22

Dixon22 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Double D
    Branson, Missouri
    Vehicle:
    SUMOTNK, it's honestly my honor man. I do appreciate the shout out and support as it really means more than anything. I've been aimlessly searching the last two nights for some more advanced instructions on the net for how to go about installing these bad boys. I did see the Black Tacoma with the Jungle FG's laid over the top of the OEM ones and It just looks too odd for me too. It is pretty heart breaking to hear that I can't just go outside and pop off my OEM's and Slap on my Fiberglass(FG) ones from Jungle by making few little easy weeks here and there. I don't know what the hell to do, and I'm sort of freaking out because if I go to any body shop remotely close to me, it's going to cost an arm and a leg. I need the coverage on my tires for it to be driven legally on the european roads, to include I have to get a specific inspection to ensure my vehicle is safe to operate and has all the requirements to go down the road without harming others. How much did you pay the body shop and what exactly did they do for mounting yours? They look really great and look stock other than the girth of ye'ol flare itself. As for the color I'm wanting to go with, I had honestly came down to just trying a primer coat with Underbody Spray(which has some flex to it) then clear coat a possible gloss clear coat over that. To be determined! I literally don't know what I'm going to do………I have debated cutting some of my fenders just slightly so I can get the room I really need in the front especially. Maybe only some minute cutting in the front is all actually. Like approx. 1 inch or so off the front ones. But at the same time, can't figure out if that would cause more headache to get everything to fit too. It's a headache right now and is seemingly going to be more work and or especially more money than I wanted to invest into the entire job. Any manuals, video's, in regards to this install. I'm a tad bit nervous. Nothing is cheap here. Nothing! Stay in touch and message me if you prefer. I may be hitting you up for some information before too long too. Thanks a lot man. ADVICE NEEDED.

SUMOTNK[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Mar 29, 2017 at 11:30 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge [OP] Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    I didnt have to cut anything off mine. set them up, marked the holes to match the stock bolts on the underside (while keeping adequate tension on the top of the flares to the body), mocked up a mount for the one front bolt on each front flare, and did a simple flat black paint and install. now they've been sprayed with bedliner, but still function as they should.

if you don't keep good tension at the top, they will probably rattle/move at driving speeds.

13. Mar 29, 2017 at 12:27 PM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    His website says they fit 06-11, is this confirmed? They do not fit the 12-15?

14. Mar 29, 2017 at 5:07 PM
    SUMOTNK

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    NorCal/South Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    The only difference that I'm aware between those years is the contour of the front bumper caps

WhiteNemesis[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top