1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What you guys think? Ipod input

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 06Bluez, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Nov 7, 2008 at 11:11 AM
    06Bluez

06Bluez [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-2007-TOYOT...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I think this looks like a fair price compared to what I have seen everywhere else. Installation looks easy and all the features are exactly what I'm looking for. I dont think there will be a problem running it with the JBL amp/sub system and 6 disc changer.

Any input on whether i should go for it or not or if it would even work in my truck would be appreciated. :D

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Nov 7, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    06Bluez

06Bluez [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    Just a little advise from someone who knows about this kind of stuff would be appreciated. Im not very Audio/Video savvy

3. Nov 7, 2008 at 11:59 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Just a heads up for anyone with (or intending on getting) a late 2008 Ipod or new iphone. This adapter and/or almost all the existing docks, inputs and chargers won't charge the new ipods/iphones.

With the newest Ipods/iphone Apple switched the pin configuration and the older docks etc will still play music from the newer units they will not charge the unit.

I just went through this problem with my wife's new 4th gen Ipod nano. People on Apples forums are more than just a little ticked off.

Pretty much only products released in the last few months are compatible with the new Apple standard.

P.S. The older equipment will still play the music as long as your Ipods batteries last.

4. Nov 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Search around... That's the ipod2car and should be the PXDP unit.

Search Ebay for "PXDP" and you'll find the same thing for $99. You'll have to compare shipping charges & all that garb.

I have the PXDP and have a 2007 ipod Classic 80 gig and an older 4gig nano.

Here's a write-up on how to install it:
    http://aaronlinsdau.com/gear/articles/ipod2car.html

Note: If you flip dipstick #6 - the volume will be higher.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top