1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what's my offset?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Zollars, May 28, 2015.

1. May 28, 2015 at 8:37 PM
    Zollars

Zollars [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Suspension: 5100 Billstein Front Shocks Rear AAL 3" lift Engine Bay/Engine: Under-Hood LED lighting Hood QuickLift Elite Hood Struts - Redline Tuning Exterior Additions/Mods: Front Steel Skid plate Front Bumper Light Bar - NFab Bed Cap System: Steal Bedside and Tailgate Caps - KBVoodoo Fabrications 2x US Flag Vinyl Decals Under Mirrors - Far North By Design Exterior Lighting/Electrical: Retrofit Headlights - Ambiguous Fog Light Relay Mod (Fogs On With High Beams) - Thanks To Ostrichsak Depo Taillights 50" 4D Curved Trac Performance LED Light Bar - SLX Motorsports 4x Spot Fog Lights on NFab bar Full Exterior LED Bulb Swap - CSJumper LEDs Interior Additions/mods: CVRV Mirror Riser - BirdDawg Industries Pioneer 8100NEX Head unit Interior 6 Switch Panel - IggyCorp Interior Lighting/Electrical: Backlit 4x4 Switch Mod - RCBS204 Otrattw Switches On IggyCorp Panel For Accessories Dome Light on With Open Door Mod

Anyone know the offset of these 17" FJ wheels off the top of their head? I've searched and searched and can't find it.

Looking at swapping the wheels out for some XD Revolvers, but want to make sure they will work with my 285/70/R 17's

2. May 28, 2015 at 9:11 PM
    Jacked05

Jacked05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD OR Premium MT
    You look like you have around the same lift I do, I run the same size tire. My wheels are -12 and I don't scrub. No trimming. So maybe the better question is what's the offset you're going to?

3. May 28, 2015 at 9:17 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Suspension: 5100 Billstein Front Shocks Rear AAL 3" lift Engine Bay/Engine: Under-Hood LED lighting Hood QuickLift Elite Hood Struts - Redline Tuning Exterior Additions/Mods: Front Steel Skid plate Front Bumper Light Bar - NFab Bed Cap System: Steal Bedside and Tailgate Caps - KBVoodoo Fabrications 2x US Flag Vinyl Decals Under Mirrors - Far North By Design Exterior Lighting/Electrical: Retrofit Headlights - Ambiguous Fog Light Relay Mod (Fogs On With High Beams) - Thanks To Ostrichsak Depo Taillights 50" 4D Curved Trac Performance LED Light Bar - SLX Motorsports 4x Spot Fog Lights on NFab bar Full Exterior LED Bulb Swap - CSJumper LEDs Interior Additions/mods: CVRV Mirror Riser - BirdDawg Industries Pioneer 8100NEX Head unit Interior 6 Switch Panel - IggyCorp Interior Lighting/Electrical: Backlit 4x4 Switch Mod - RCBS204 Otrattw Switches On IggyCorp Panel For Accessories Dome Light on With Open Door Mod
    I have a 3", and had to slightly cut the plastic inside the wheel well for the 285/70/R17's to fit, no rubbing at all.

The wheels I want are 17x9 with a -12mm offset. are you on 17" wheels?

4. May 28, 2015 at 9:23 PM
    Jacked05

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD OR Premium MT
    Im running 285/70/17 wrangler duratacs. I didn't have to trim anything. I have -12 offset as well. I could guarantee you will fit them. Long as you don't run spacers you will be fine.

image.jpg

5. May 28, 2015 at 9:26 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    The trimming was done to fit the tires before the lift. Not worried about the tires fitting at all, just wanted to be sure everything would be good with the different wheels.

Was curious because I am pretty close to the UCA with these wheels, but have no idea what the offset is.

Sounds like I should be good wit the wheels I want and my current 285/70 tires

6. May 28, 2015 at 9:27 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    Now I just need to find a good tire... these pro comps are terrible

7. May 28, 2015 at 9:30 PM
    Jacked05

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD OR Premium MT
    I don't have any complaints with these duratacs. They served me well on my 05. I wish I would have tried those bfg ko2. Everyone around here has nothing but good things to say.

8. May 28, 2015 at 9:32 PM
    Zollars

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4x4
    The procomps are great off road, but the slightest bit of water on the road, even from sprinklers, and I lose traction. Had a big downpour a couple weeks back, WI d hit the side of the truck hard and knocked the back end out. News said it was a micro burst or something, but still pretty scary to lose traction so easy

Products Discussed in

To Top