1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's Texas like these days?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by diabetiktaco, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Jul 19, 2020 at 4:51 PM
    Rock Lobster

Rock Lobster Thread Derailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dee Eff Dub
    Vehicle:
    Sport Crew represent
    I can't imagine doing a M-F commute to Dallas from Tyler. That's wild. I do like certain parts of East Texas though. Went to college in Nac-a-nowhere. And I was shocked to see how much Tyler changed in the last 10 years. If a town embodied the premise that a hipster married into an old country bumpkin family, Tyler would be it.

Saw a Shinyribs concert right in the middle of Stanley's BBQ there a couple of years ago. One of the more interesting shows I've seen.

StockerWithALocker likes this.
  2. Jul 20, 2020 at 9:01 AM
    nuvoturbo

nuvoturbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Vehicle:
    2014 Super White Tacoma TRD T/X Baja
    AXE EM JACKS! The wife and I both graduated from SFA and then our son did the same. Funny you mentioned Shinyribs. We saw him a couple of years ago in Houston at the Redneck Country Club. Fun show...

3. Jul 20, 2020 at 5:52 PM
    tony2018

tony2018 Well-Known Member

Member:
    texas....its fuckin horible here. dont come.

4. Jul 20, 2020 at 6:59 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Truth, we have bunches of killer snakes n insects

5. Jul 20, 2020 at 7:12 PM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    And humids. We have all the humids.

6. Jul 20, 2020 at 8:41 PM
    tony2018

Member:
    omfg a wild rabbit almost attacked me in my own backyard

Deathdealer and cosmicfires like this.
  7. Jul 21, 2020 at 6:21 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    110% all day every day

Shit, I almost got killed by a Jackelope last weekend.

8. Jul 21, 2020 at 7:33 AM
    Tacospike

Tacospike Semi-Unknown Custodial Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB / 17 Tundra 5.7L 4X4 CM
    Two Trucks
    A turtle almost got me this morning running the trails. :turtleride:

Deathdealer and cosmicfires like this.
  9. Jul 21, 2020 at 9:07 AM
    Rock Lobster

Rock Lobster Thread Derailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dee Eff Dub
    Vehicle:
    Sport Crew represent
    I'm slightly irritated at the new swimming pool, fitness center, and parking garage at SFA, mainly because I graduated a semester or two before all that opened. I tried the argument that my tuition directly paid for this crap, I should at least get one free lap around the lazy river. Didn't get in. :angrygirl:

Deathdealer likes this.
  10. Jul 21, 2020 at 9:34 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Muffukkin alligator snappin turtle

11. Jul 21, 2020 at 9:40 AM
    Tacospike

Tacospike Semi-Unknown Custodial Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB / 17 Tundra 5.7L 4X4 CM
    Two Trucks
    Little f$&@er Came out of the woods talking smack and wanted to race

53EE83C5-4D99-4E80-BB92-7F9C292D93B0.jpg

So I kicked him back in the woods

12. Jul 21, 2020 at 9:47 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Jesus, you're lucky you didn't die

13. Jul 22, 2020 at 8:59 AM
    Plucky was his name

Plucky was his name Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Central East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Reg Cab Taco 4x4 5-speed manual
    ARB Front Bumper, Wet Oakle Seat Covers, Aftermarket Stereo, OME suspension with Heavy Duty Dakar Leaf Springs
    Texas could very well be to the OP’s liking. Most folks look at the bigger cities like Houston, Dallas, Austin/San Antonio, but there are so many smaller metropolitan areas, too. College Station, Bellville, Georgetown, Fredericksburg, Weatherford, Tyler, and Marble Falls (just to name a few) are generally either large enough to offer good employment, or are close enough to a larger city to make a commute tenable.

There’s certainly plenty of places to avoid, but there are enough nice places to go around. Sometimes the county matters as much as the particular city.

LostHusker likes this.
  14. Jul 22, 2020 at 9:22 AM
    tony2018

Member:
    omg...those are all horrible places.

I actually drove past Lago Vista and it was just a small town out that way. Seemed peaceful until some 02 double cab tacoma tried to run me off the road.

15. Jul 26, 2020 at 6:57 AM
    Ch78

Ch78 GBO!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tomball, TX
    Vehicle:
    17' Taco Supreme
    Tuned By D3 Performance
    You can drive for 8 hours and still be in Texas. (From the LA state line to the NM state line is approximately 12 hours driving + 3 hours for Buc-ee’s stops)

We have areas where the speed limit is 85. But if you’re not doing 95+ you better have your ass in the slow lane.

Houston is an hour away from Houston.

16. Aug 11, 2020 at 1:56 PM
    diabetiktaco

diabetiktaco [OP] Instalander

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Lexus LX 470
    That's the only thing that would actually scare me away.

Ch78 likes this.
  17. Aug 11, 2020 at 2:00 PM
    CaptAmerica

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Vehicle:
    It’s 102 in the shade in Austin, and the air is dry only because it’s hot. As soon as the sun goes down, the humidity will come back up.

Ugh.

I know people who build dog houses with A/C.

18. Aug 11, 2020 at 2:41 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    We trend the temp and humidity here at work. Humidity drops to 30% at the hottest part of the day(6pm), then rises to 80% at the coolest(7am)

19. Aug 11, 2020 at 3:05 PM
    tony2018

Member:
    Grass dying triple digits baby WOOHOO!!!!

20. Aug 12, 2020 at 5:49 AM
    CaptAmerica

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Vehicle:
    106 expected tomorrow. My lawn would cry but it has no moisture left for tears.

Ch78 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top