1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's the difference between...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dwalden2, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    What's the difference between having to replace the whole clutch assembly and the TSB? I took my truck in to have the clutch looked at because it was sticking right after the release point and he said I needed the whole clutch pedal assembly replaced. I've already had the clutch TSB done in like June of '08 and they replaced the pedal sub assembly and the clevis sub assembly and 2 bushings. They said the pedal was bad and it was grinding up the bushings...and replacing it would be about $500. If they're gonna do practically the same thing as the TSB I'm gonna raise hell about it going back after about 22K miles since they did the TSB the first time and hopefully not have to pay $500 to ahve it fixed. I'm going back to get the truck in a little bit and I'll ask them too, but I figured the gurus on TW would know as good/better than the people at the dealership. So guys...what do ya think?

2. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    buuump

3. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    The sub-assembly is just the pedal, springs, and bushings. The whole assembly is, well, the whole thing; mounting bracket, line hook-up, etc. Sounds like you will be getting more this time.

4. Feb 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    Well, apparently there isn't a difference. I talked to the dealership and they're replacing it for me again this Thursday. :woot: Thanks for the input.

Products Discussed in

To Top