1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whats the TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by leo08pirate, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Sep 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    leo08pirate

leo08pirate [OP] Katzo production

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Oceanside CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4.0L
    TRD exaust - Tinted Windows - TRD Intake - Alpine type S speakers
    Im having trouble understanding this
    i have a 2008 tacoma preRunner 2W Acces CAb 4.0
    whts the problem with this"TSB"

Thanks in advance

2. Sep 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    A TSB is a technical service bulletin . Not a recall , but a fix for known issues with the trucks . There are many TSB's for the Tacomas , since you are posting in the suspension section , I'm assuming you are asking about the suspension TSB .

The US trucks come stock with a 3 leaf pack for the rear , the suspension TSB adds a leaf .

3. Sep 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    leo08pirate

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Oceanside CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4.0L
    Ok so what do u think this guy is talking about
    Note talking about Bilstein

"I have them set at 1.75 and that levels my truck out nicley. I am still running the non tsb 3 leaf pack. Once I get the TSB done I will be setting them to 2.5""

4. Sep 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    check this out its new! Try it works well type in "what is a toyota tsb"!
    http://www.google.com/

sorry lol jk!

5. Sep 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    dirtytaco2010

dirtytaco2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    south lake tahoe, CA baby
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Sport LB
    custom badging, Black Badges, tint, General AT/2's, nerf bars black, ultra-gauge,toytec AAL, removed mud flaps, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.75, AFE pro dry s air fliter, spidertrax, black rock 17'' wheels
    does toyota aal for you for free because of the TSB? or is that something that everyone is doing? I just ordered 1.5''AAL and dont want to install them if I can get toyota to add it for me you know

6. Sep 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

He is running his coilovers at the 1.75 " setting with the stock 3 leaf pack . When he gets the suspension TSB done , and has a 4 leaf pack , the rear will be lifted approx 1 " due to the extra leaf . He is then going to raise his front end by cranking up his coilovers in order to match the inch he gained in the rear .

This is the full TSB list for our trucks

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/7107-tsb-list-2005-2009-toyota-tacoma.html

7. Sep 28, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    When you add a leaf (AAL), the rear end rides higher... specially when newly done.
    Bilstein 5100s for the front are adjustable height... to level the truck.

8. Sep 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence
    x2

9. Sep 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    leo08pirate

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Oceanside CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4.0L
    So whats the complain people are taking to toyota to get a leaf
    or whats the problem that they are having

10. Sep 28, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    Usually when you get an AAL you have to specify which spring pack it is for- If you have the stock leaf pack the add a leaf will be set to raise you a different amount than the add a leaf for the TSB spring pack. This is because the truck will already be about an inch higher with the TSB springs than the 3 leaf pack.

People go to Toyota to request the 4 leaf TSB pack if they are bottoming out with the bed loaded.

11. Sep 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    leo08pirate

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Oceanside CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4.0L
    So whats the complain people are taking to toyota to get a leaf
    or whats the problem that they are having

12. Sep 28, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    In the US some trucks come stock with a 3 leaf pack that drives like car suspension. When people complain that the truck bottoms out too frequently they can request the 4 leaf TSB pack be installed. It is not an added leaf- it is a full 4 leaf pack. Has nothing to do with AAL's except that you need to specify which spring pack you have when you order an add a leaf.

13. Sep 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM
    leo08pirate

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Oceanside CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4.0L
    is this for 4x4 or 2w

14. Sep 29, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    It is for any access cabs or double cabs 2005+ as they were too heavy for the springs they used... with rear seat passengers or a load in the bed, the truck bottomed out in back when you hit any bumps.

I had a 2005 DC and once I found how soft the springs were, complained to my service department, they offered nothing, and I didn't know abouit TSBs (nor about Tacoma World)!

I fixed it myself by going to Off Road Warehouse (Escondido) and having Ride Rite Air Bag Springs installed as well as Bilstein 5100s in back. Problem solved... ~$800 parts and labor. I could control the height and firmness of my truck by going from the standard 15 psi (normal loads) to the max I needed (45 psi) for heavy loads. The truck never bottomed again!

When I traded it for my 2010, I had them remove my airbags in case the springs were still soft in the '10s. They are not, my truck comes from the Baja California plant and they use better springs than my '05 from Fremont. The new truck does not bottom out... yea!

15. Sep 29, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Generally the complaint is a harsh ride when loaded- but if you aren't having any problems with your truck- don't create issues if you aren't really having them.

The TSB is NOT an AAL...This TSB is a full replacement leaf pack that happens to have one more leaf than the stock set up. It provides a minimal amount of lift as a by-product of adding the leaf/providing the correct cargo capacity. An AAL is an additional piece added to the stock springs to provide lift.

16. Sep 29, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    if your truck's fine, leave it, there's no sense in getting work done for the hell of it. if your rear is bottoming out with light loads, then you can look into getting the new leaf pack. just remember it's going to make your nice ride bouncy and stiff.

Products Discussed in

To Top