1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's with the tire pressure??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Gerry Pope, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Oct 14, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    Gerry Pope

Gerry Pope [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 PreRunner
    Hi all,
    Have had my 07 4X4 TRD for a month now.. After filling up I checked the tires.. They all had varying pressure.. 32-35 psi. This after the dealer showed me the 160 step diag. they performed!! Dontcha love it? I saw on the tires a max 44psi for seating the bead. Fine I says.. WTF.. I put 38 psi all the way around. Then a couple days ago I see mentioned here on the forums max psi should be 29?? Sheeeeeit.. That feels way tooo spongy. Looked in the doorwell.. Shonuff 29psi. That is where I left it.. It does not ride as well as it did when I had 38psi. First time I have had tires that do not have a max psi rolling rating.. Now I have something else besides the six speed manual to get used to... So, what gives?

2. Oct 15, 2008 at 3:34 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    29 is the *recommended* pressure (not max pressure).

It is spongy and why a lot of folks run higher pressure. I run about 32-34psi.

Tire pressure can vary over time. Every few months when I check mine, I'll be lucky if one of them is actually at my optimal pressure. Sometimes they'll have dropped 4-5lbs psi. That's exactly why you should check them because it can vary and you can lose pressure. That's normal.

Products Discussed in

To Top