1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whats your favorite topper and why

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Fisherman983, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Jan 12, 2019 at 8:25 AM
    Fisherman983

Fisherman983 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Trd sport
    None yet.
    im in the market for a canopy, and Ive never owned one before so I don't know the pros and cons to each brand.
    would like to stay with either ARE, LEER or SNUGtop.

mainly using it to keep things in the bed dry and out of the weather. maybe try some camping trips in it, keep my dog inside while traveling etc.
    features I need are carpet inside, and sliding window up front.
    I really like the looks of the frameless models, but I don't think its worth the extra cost? unless there is some serious benefits?

2. Jan 13, 2019 at 8:21 AM
    Mtn Mike

Mtn Mike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR AC
    The model you get all comes down to personal preference. All three brands are good. Find a dealer that has a showroom to look at the various brands and models. Also, make sure you or your dealer does the necessary prep work before the installation. The bed will leak if the plastic bed rails aren't sealed (I forget if 2nd gens have plastic bed rails).

As for the frame-less models, I like the look too, but as far as I know the frame-less windows do not open all the way and don't allow as much ventilation. Since I use my cap for my dogs, there was no way I'd get a cap with a window that doesn't open all the way. The sliding windows or windoors allow for more ventilation.

doublethebass likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top