1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's your take on meet your girl's ex?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ERdept, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Oct 5, 2008 at 4:51 PM
    Casey05Taco

Casey05Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Penngrove, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner
    trd seat covers, bed mat, tinted windows, debadged, mud flaps removed, tinted tails, blacked out center console, Black Rims, 6000k HID in highs and fogs, blacked out front emblem, Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, Gauge Cluster, lower valence, retrofitted, audio system, Maxtrac Spindles, Billies
    Holy crap man do we live the same lives or what? god this brings back memories except i was at a party and the guy was coming and decided he didnt want to come anymore. haha

2. Oct 5, 2008 at 5:31 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Don't worry about it. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Everyone you are with will eventually run into an ex. Nothing you can do to prevent that. So just go with the flow & not worry about it.

"I am in inherently insanely jealous and possessive person." Get over that trait, or you will quickly become the ex.

3. Oct 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM
    ERdept

ERdept [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OK, it's settled.

She knows how much I hate that she's friend's with an X and that she wouldn't like it if I got an X to go to dinner with all us. She says she understands now that I put it that way. But she never even gave it a second thought cause it was no big. Now she sees how disrespectful it is.

So she says she won't see him alone, just talk on the phone to catch us as they are friends and he is marrying someone.

So, I can accept that.

This thread actually helped as I showed it to her.

4. Oct 5, 2008 at 9:03 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    good to hear man!

5. Oct 5, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    311offroad

311offroad Stock Taco For Now

Member:
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OffRoad SR5 4x4 Short Bed Debadged
    20% tint, Debadged, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT, Infinity component door speakers, MagLite mod
    Im friends with most of my x's... and never have a thought of going bak to one of them or cheating on my gf at all. She has hung around them and it is no big deal... its all about trust.

6. Oct 5, 2008 at 9:28 PM
    ERdept

ERdept [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I know I trust her, but when I talk about the past and someone else does, it's all kind of nubulous and out there somewhere.

Then to actually see the person who had sex with your girl makes the past real and brings it to the present.

That's what bothered me. Not that I didn't trust her.

Seeing the guy made the past real by allowing me to actually see the two together doing the horizontal boogie.

7. Oct 5, 2008 at 9:35 PM
    VeeRFour05

VeeRFour05 Active Member

Member:
    I was about to, as soon as I found out about it I was walking towards the room he was in with an empty fourty in my hand, my gf pushed me back into our bedroom and told me to let it go just because she didn't want anything to happen. Probably a good thing because the guy is twice my size, and I'm not small either. He was one of those muscle assholes.

8. Oct 5, 2008 at 9:52 PM
    awoit

awoit Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD, SR5
    i just had to lol after that post, my advice is dont worry until you have a reason to suspect something. shes a human just like you bro and you cant try to control her because if you do its just more tension against the two of you, she is in a relationship with you but she still needs to feel free and not tied up like a hostage... just my 2 cents even tho im not dr phil

9. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:00 AM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Lol I dont think I would have shown my GF this thread... I think she would have dumped me. But I am glad to hear things are better... btw how old are you? Just curious as to how serious of a relationship/part of your life you are in.

10. Oct 6, 2008 at 10:34 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    I've been intimate with her too and you harbor no hate for me. Pretend he's me. :p

Everybody has a past, including you. The important thing is that she chooses to be with you now. Personally, I'm happy to let my g/f's flirt up a storm with the world and I'm happy to meet anyone from their past.

Be more comfortable with yourself and let people exercise free will. If someone is with you through emotions and desire, nobody will be able to pull them away. If they do stray, it wasn't meant to be in the first place and you're better off without them.

Meet him, have some beers, enjoy the company. Since she's dated both of you there's a good chance you have similar personalities and are likely to get along. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top