1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Bearings/Hubs 4x4 & 4x2 PreRunner for sale *complete* save $$ CUSTOM BUILT AVAILABLE

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by nj636, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 5, 2018 at 1:21 PM
    dustin19d

dustin19d Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport, 4X4, 6-Speed
    Welds and Cuts and stuff

I ordered through your website and have never PMed you. I found this thread after the fact.
    Since you’re here now and not responding to emails can you please refund me? Check your email for a Paypal claim last week. The order you supposedly sent me the 23rd still hasent been passed to the post office so I’ve sourced parts locally. Would like my hard earned fun tickets back please.

Tracking #: 9405809699938496548298

2. Jun 5, 2018 at 7:14 PM
    4WD FTW

4WD FTW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC LB 4x4
    Icon Suspension Kit Pelfrey Bumper and Skid 4.56 Gears Detroit TruTrac Rear Archive Hammer Hangers Deaver U402 Stage 1
    I have no idea what it's like to get off work every day and start building hubs right away, to keep up with a demand that is out of your control. But please update the OP so people know that it may take 30 - 60 days to receive the product. Logically after weeks have passed by with no shipping info or an email back, people assume they are being ripped off

3. Jun 7, 2018 at 5:38 AM
    blefferd

blefferd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I will not order again due to the lag time on these, hub worked perfect, included the Oring, new cotter pin and hub nut in order. Not defending the OP/seller here but from what I have read on this thread is that this is a side business for him and he has stated as such that he works these as he has time, I knew when I purchased my hub that it was not going to be a quick turn around, I was expecting around three weeks at the most. That being said, he should try something a bit different than his current business practices, like stop taking orders till he can get caught up, or limiting his orders, or building up a certain amount of hubs then sell those anything is better than waiting months on an part. I got a shipping notification after a month, and the hub actually shipped like three weeks later, not cool. Hard to plan like that.

I didn't have any issues with him responding to me, it just took like two+ months to get my hub so if you need one of these like right away I would look for other options. If you want them as spares and have all the time in the world this guy is a good option for the price, but there are a couple other members selling these hubs as well so its up to you.

4. Jun 7, 2018 at 5:40 AM
    odomandr

odomandr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSBTRDOR silver streak mica 2023 T4R Ltd blizzard pearl
    Icon, SPC,, ARB, BAMF, Warfab, SCS, Michelin, Leer Stock
    I purchased the first time to have on hand when they went, glad I had them when i needed them. This go around is the same way. I need a spare set on hand. This is not an order as needed but more of an order as a precautionary replacement.

5. Jun 7, 2018 at 2:28 PM
    dustin19d

dustin19d Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport, 4X4, 6-Speed
    Welds and Cuts and stuff
    Here’s my issue with this...Bear with me. First off, I ordered off the website, not here through TW. There was no mention on the website about wait times (he advertises 1 week here), just pictures of stacks of built hubs. I was not in a situation where I needed the hub NOW, but after a week with no shipping notice I inquired. He responded within a day saying it was on the way that week. Got a shipping confirmation the next day with tracking (cool man thanks). Another week passed and the tracking indicated the post office hadn’t actually received the package. I emailed him about that and got nothing back. I then sent him a message through Paypal as an informal claim asking if they had been sent. No response. After 2-3 days of no response I escalated it to a formal claim. The fact that he won’t respond to a Paypal claim is telling. We’re quickly coming up on a month from order. If I had known that up front, no issue, but that’s not what his web site indicates or what he’s advertising here on the forums. And he’s sending out tracking numbers as a stop gap and not communicating with customers in a hope that the tracking number will keep you quiet.

He needs to change how he advertises, and how he communicates. The website makes it look like a legitimate company, not some dude in his garage pressing bearings after a 9-5.

When moderators get involved he just says it’s a matter of PM vs Email so they don’t look into the pages worth of bitches, gripes, and complaints against his business practices. IMO, which isn’t worth much I know, this thread should not be here. Let him peddle these hubs locally on Craigslist but not here on TW. At a minimum stop letting people do this without being vendors so you can hold them accountable.

FYI my hubs were sent on 23 May, the post office still hasn’t received them and he still hasn't refunded my money after several requests.

@4x4Runner
    @98tacoma27
    @chris4x4
    @csuviper
    @jberry813
    @JimBeam
    @mjp2

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Shamal, blefferd, Loco38SUP and 3 others like this.
  6. Jun 7, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    odomandr

odomandr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSBTRDOR silver streak mica 2023 T4R Ltd blizzard pearl
    Icon, SPC,, ARB, BAMF, Warfab, SCS, Michelin, Leer Stock
    cant argue with that at all

dustin19d likes this.
  7. Jun 7, 2018 at 7:28 PM
    vertrx7

vertrx7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rolf
    I was thinking of buying, but at this point, I don't think that I want to go through this experience. As has been said, there are other vendors who seem to be professional in regard to their dealings with other people's money. It seems to be a recurring problem that sellers do not understand that they have an obligation and fiduciary duty when they take someone else's funds for a product they peddle.

I think the shining example in this arena is "HomerTaco" who sells the grilles for the Tacoma. He has a list of those who expressed interest, you can see which 8 or 10 individuals are presently in the works, whose were shipped out and the number in the queue that you are. He expects payment when you get into the build queue I believe. If you don't want to wait that long, its your choice, but it is laid out quite clearly in his first post.
    I've been waiting, no hurry, and know where I am in the process. Simple, easy and straightforward!

Shamal and HomerTaco like this.
  8. Jun 8, 2018 at 4:24 AM
    blefferd

blefferd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4x4

I got the same thing with the shipping, I guess I didn't relay that very well in my other post. Its like he creates a shipping label for his "internal tracking" then he eventually gets around to building and shipping the hub. FYI mine was around 3 weeks from shipping label notification to shipped, that was after I waited over a month for the shipping label...

I agree, he totally needs to change the way he does business to get rid of major turn around time, or at least advertise a major turn around time on them.

9. Jun 11, 2018 at 9:05 AM
    pedros4prez

pedros4prez New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tayler R
    Fraser Valley, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCLB
    Winch Bumper Smittybuilt X20 Sliders OME lift Dakar Leafs

Having the same experience as the more recent posts. Ordered April 24 and had email correspondence up until about 2 weeks ago when he stopped responding. Still have not received a tracking number or anything. Hoping this gets sorted out or I cna at least get some sort of update.

10. Jun 11, 2018 at 8:49 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    @nj636 please contact everyone who is experiencing delays immediately

11. Jun 12, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    Due to the unresponsive nature and constant delays by @nj636, we are recommending anyone with pending orders to dispute the charges with their financial institution or PayPal.

mit88, ChadsPride, chris4x4 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top