1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel offset

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Stryker, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Aug 1, 2008 at 11:21 AM
    Stryker

Stryker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Is a wheels offset stamped on the back of the wheel? I have a 2009 Tacoma sport with 17in stock wheels and I wanted to put my 2005 4Runners 17in sport wheels on the Tacoma. They are the same size wheel and tire and they both have 17 x 7 1/2 stamped on the back of the wheel. When I put the 4runner wheels on, the hit the front calipers. So the offset is different right? I looked at the back of both wheels for the offset. Is it on there? Also how does everone feel about spacers. Is that an option and if so how big. Thanks

2. Aug 1, 2008 at 11:29 AM
    smooreace

smooreace Member

Member:
    Scranton, Ks
    Vehicle:
    06 TRS Sport Speedway Blue
    Ive never seen ofset stamped on a wheel, but 7.5 that is stamped refers to the width of the rim. To measure offset, put a strait edge on the back of the rim, and measure the space between the straitedge and the mounting surface on the rim.

3. Aug 1, 2008 at 11:40 AM
    Stryker

Stryker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I noticed spidertrax only sell 1 1/4 spacers for toyota. Wouldn't that push the front wheels out too far if there is only a slight rub?

4. Aug 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    Look in the little trapezoid or rectangle shaped openings between each lug hole, from the back side, these usually have the offset, date codes, plant codes and such. They are usually also full of brake dust if the wheels have many miles on them, so clean them up a little. I had read the 4 Runner wheels were the same 15+mm offset as most other late 6 lug wheels, but standing behind a few 4 Runners on the lots show some of the wheels have more + offset by looking how the tire is centered in relation to the mudflap. The 18" tire/wheel option also looks to have more + offset.

EDIT just looked at some Tacoma 16 X 7's and the info is in the little holes/depresions between the lug holes, and on the FJCruiser 17 X 7.5 there is also some info there, mostly the little time/date of casting clocks, but the size and offset is cast in each spoke from the back side, and is stated 17 X 7.5 - 15 with "J" bead seats.

Products Discussed in

To Top