1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Spacer Question...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Jeff3004x4, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Apr 5, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    Jeff3004x4

Jeff3004x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    East Killingly CT
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica
    Stock for now
    I have searched and was unable to find an answer to my questions, if I missed a previous post I apologize in advance. I have installed 2006 Toyota 4runner wheels on my truck (2010 Tacoma Reg cab 4x4), which required a 1/4 wheel spacer to clear my front calipers. The spacer that I installed was a cheap aluminum old school style spacer, not the nice $200.00 hub centric spacers everyone on here runs. MY spacer obviously worked the wheels are on my truck and clear everything, however, I have a minor vibration at 60+ Mph that drives me nuts. I realize that the spacer I installed is next to impossible to install perfectly centered on my hub. Has anyone else had any experience with these style spacers? I figured I would throw the question out on here before I throw money at getting my wheels all rebalanced or buy the $200.00 spacers. I am also unsure about spacing my wheels out 1 1/2, it seems like kind of alot for me. I uploaded a pic of my truck, what do you guys think about spacing them out an 1 1/2?

0329111028.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top