1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wheel spacers

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Cancer FREE, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jun 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM
    Cancer FREE

Cancer FREE [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kimowahapalu
    Seal Beach, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4X4 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100's up front set @ 2.5 inch with 1 inch block in back UPDATE as of 06/14: 4inch rough country upfront with Bilsteins set at .85 for total lift of 4.85 and rear with 2 inch block with Bilsteins 5100's shocks. UPDATE as of 0615 4 inch lift Rough country with Bilsteins set at 2.5 and rear 2 inch add a leaf with 3 inch block sitting on 285/75-17 34's...
    Howzit All,
    I'm planning on leveling my 2012 4x4 with bilsteins all around. I like the look of the stock 17" wheels that came with the TRD sport package. I was planning on running wheel spacers so I could put larger tires than it originally has (265/65/17). Can anyone tell me whats the largest tire that can go on the stock wheels 17"x9" and not rub. I want wider and taller tires.
    Mahalo

Was planning on putting 275/70-17 on stock wheel with wheel spacer after leveling the front. Let me know if this will work....

2. Jul 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Well - I know it's been a month, but I just put Cooper Discoverer AT3 in the 275 size on stock 17" TRD Sport wheels. Looks great - should work just fine. Some light rubbing on my UCAs at full lock but I've read of others with different brand tires that did not rub at all. Wheel spacer might be needed depending on which tire is chosen as you mentioned.

Products Discussed in

To Top