1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel & Tire c/o>> Front End Alignment?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by The Count, May 12, 2007.

1. May 12, 2007 at 6:02 AM
    The Count

The Count [OP] Member

Member:
    Now that I have completed my 3" ToyTec lift, I have a suspension question. If I go from a 16x7 wheel with 265/70's to a 17x7.5 with 285/70's, does that change the front end geometery that I should have a front end alignment done??? The reason I ask is that I just did a 3" ToyTec lift and still have my stock wheels and tires on. I plan to change over to FJ wheels and tires soon and don't want to spend the $$ on 2 alignments. Can I do the alignment with the stock setup and when I switch over to the new wheels/tires be OK??? The camber is way out now as one would suspect. Thanx

2. May 30, 2007 at 9:01 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    You should have no problems swapping out wheels and tires after the alignment. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the suspension geometry. Changing the wheels and tires could affect the unsprung weight, but the resulting fix (if necessary) would be different rate shocks. Sprung weight is unchanged so the suspension components will stay where they are and your alignment with the stock wheel/tire setup will still hold true.

Got pics?

3. Oct 19, 2007 at 8:51 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    Putting on a 3" Toytec lift next weekend..... never lifted a truck before and don't know much about it.....

Need to get a new alignment huh? i guess it is a dumb question just didn't realize i had to....

4. Oct 19, 2007 at 9:57 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Bigger tires won't usually require an alignment, but any time you lift the front or mess with the geometry you must get an alignment performed.

Products Discussed in

To Top