1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel/Tire combo with Fat Bobs Leveling Kit

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by conortacoma, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Dec 21, 2016 at 12:00 PM
    conortacoma

conortacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma 5 lug single cab
    Hello everyone,

First post here and hoping to be a regular soon. I recently purchased a 2013 Tacoma 5 Lug Single Cab work truck with 40,000 miles. My old rig was a 2005 GMC Yukon on 35s, so it's a massive change coming to a single cab 4 cylinder. At first, I was planning on keeping it bone stock, but this morning a mysterious package showed up at my house from my brother. Upon opening it I discovered a Fat Bob's Garage leveling kit. I had been doing a lot of research here about lifting these 5 lugs and so had he apparently. I hate to post a repeat thread, but most of the wheel/tire combo information for these trucks are found on the 120 page mega picture thread. While I love looking at the pictures of lifted 5 lugs, it is a tedious way to learn about tire sizes. I plan on bringing my truck to a reputable shop so install will be no problem.

The main question: What is your guys opinions and suggestions for tire and wheel size with the leveling kit? Fat Bob's Garage recommends 16x8 with 4.5 inch backspacing mounted on 245/75/16. Could I get away with 15x8 with 31 10.50 15? Maybe 31 10.50 16? Biggest size without trimming? Any information on what you guys recommend and have would be appreciated. I'm not worried about ride quality, MPG or price. I plan on doing the black box mod ASAP also. Sorry if this is just another thread that has been posted a million times.

Thanks and have a great holiday,
    Conor

Products Discussed in

To Top