1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheelin - iPhone App

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Box Rocket, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Feb 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    There are a lot of these out there, but I thought I'd share this one since it's free and has some cool features about it.

This app is called "Wheelin" in the iPhone App Store. Lots of people will mount a Lev-O-Gage in their trucks so they can see how steep a climb or descent is or how far they are tipped off-camber. I ran across this app the other day and thought it was pretty cool for being free.

Cool things that it does:

You can use images of your own vehicle in the display which is a nice feature. You can see that I'm using my own truck in the captured images below. I did take them into Photoshop and cut out the background from the photos so they are just on a gray background.

a45a3877_946f9a349f250d68a60abed248a87f006123068a.jpg

When you use it you put in into the mounting device in your car and stop on level ground. Once it's secured you touch the yellow "calibrate" buttons and they will zero out to level, then you're ready to roll........haha.

There are two numbers for each display. The smaller top number displays the maximum angle you've been at and leaves a "ghosted" arrow at that angle. The larger lower number is the realtime feedback for your current angle. This arrow and number are constantly updated.

eb911914_44547e55c0f8ab51d5b94a9675458e8fdaedadc6.jpg

335fc676_13942c7893b743d148744ff725cfa29e4287d406.jpg

You can set an alarm at whatever angle you want that will sound if you pitch your vehicle to or beyond that angle. Which is pretty cool since when you're on the trail and in a sketchy position you're probably not looking at your phone, but rather at your spotter.

There is one big flaw with this app in my opinion. It only works in Landscape mode. I don't know about most of you but I have my phone mounted vertically in my car and this app only displays in a horizontal window so unfortunately it's tough for me to use unless I mount my phone differently. I'm trying to contact the developer to have it updated to support a vertical format also. Crossing my fingers.

Anyway, just thought I'd share it here since some might find it useful.

Products Discussed in

To Top