1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheels for 1999 Xtra Cab 2wd SR5

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by splice35mm, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    splice35mm

splice35mm [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab 2wd
    Hey all. Just bought this truck yesterday. There's only two things I need to fix FOR SURE... I would like to find some factory wheels and tires for this 5 lug application... somebodies unwanted take-offs would be perfect. I've been poking around Craigslist and I see that the Tacoma switched to 6 lug at some point? Or does it depend on the trim level? Can I use any 2010 Tacoma wheels, as this would be my best chance to find take-offs.

2nd, the tan door panels are hideous... any remedy? Anything aftermarket? The seats could use some fresh foam for sure, or maybe just replace them?

Or, now that I've read about the rust problem, should I just drop this thing off at the Toyota dealer and swap it out for a brand new one?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Feb 24, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    dylandercole

dylandercole Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    If there is rust on the frame go to toyota, they should give you 1.5x Kelly Blue Book price if I remember right. As for the wheels, the 6 lug wheels are used on 4 wheel drive/prerunner models.

Products Discussed in

To Top