1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheels, Tires, and rubbing... OH MY (GIGGITY)

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by PyroTaco, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Mar 3, 2017 at 7:19 PM
    PyroTaco

PyroTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Reg Cab Tacoma
    Fat Bob's lift kit, 30's on stock steelies, lunchbox locker in the rear, and a ton of other general mods and additions to help the utility of the truck for my particular uses.
    So I've done the fat bob's lift on the truck. Love the extra height. The ride is a smidge rougher, but not horrible. However, now it's time to look into a bigger wheel and tire package. I've searched all over the place and have come up with a plethora of info, yet still ended up empty handed at the same time. So now I turn to our members in hopes of further insight.

I've come to the conclusion that I'd like to run 31x10.5x15's. I've seen that you can technically run that on a stock rim, but there will be rubbing on the sway bar and the black box unless removed. I don't want to lose the sway bar, but the black boxes I have no issues ditching. Beyond that, many tire shops advise against it due to the possibility of it popping off the bead if air'ed down too far. That being the case, moving up in size with the wheel in some form is advisable, correct? So I'm sitting here thinking and researching and it looks like a 15x8 wheel is a great option for that tire size from a safety perspective. The things I'm coming up empty on is the appropriate backspacing for said wheel and with the appropriate backspacing, will that cure the rubbing issue? I do not wish to run spacers either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Pyrotaco

2. Mar 13, 2017 at 4:17 PM
    ANTHONYK0928

ANTHONYK0928 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Bernardino, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black Tacoma DC Off-road 4x4
    3.5" vertex shocks RC leaf springs Sumo springs F & R All Pro Cab Mount Relocation RC intake
    15"x8" with 4.5" backspacing.

3. Mar 22, 2017 at 6:29 AM
    PyroTaco

PyroTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Reg Cab Tacoma
    Fat Bob's lift kit, 30's on stock steelies, lunchbox locker in the rear, and a ton of other general mods and additions to help the utility of the truck for my particular uses.
    Perfect! Thank you so much.

Products Discussed in

To Top