1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheels

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Hayseed, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Dec 23, 2016 at 9:31 AM
    Hayseed

Hayseed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma sport TRD
    Clazzio vinyl seat covers, decal, auto drop running boards, chrome rear letters chrome rear tail light bezels and bed release cover. Painted grill, polished aluminum cover over black grill in sport hood. Polished alum. wheels. Form fitting flor mats
    i am having a terrible time trying to find after market wheels. Everytime I pick out a wheel I like and would seem to fit, I call the company and get shot down. I picked out one wheel that was silver and then told it only comes in black, why put a chrome wheel picture up for a black wheel. Guy said it was a file photo, and it did not phase him. You can,t win. I have found a wheel with the following specs, and I hope to find out from you guys if you think it would fit alright or at all on my truck. 2016 Tacoma sport 4wd 3.5, Hub Bore: 108
    Offset: +10
    Back space: 4.89
    Load: 2200
    Cap: A89-8125 I will appreciate any feed back as to why they would not or would work. Thanks in advance. Plus where is a good place you have found to buy after market wheels? I am not looking to spend any more than 150 a wheel. Just want these ugly black wheels off my white truck. I have not looked at the more expensive tires but can't see why they would fit either. One stupid thing I have found is when you put in the info for your wheel, to filter search it never works. What are you going to do?

2. Dec 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM
    boynoyce

boynoyce .

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16SR5AC4X4V6QS
  3. Dec 23, 2016 at 10:21 AM
    w:ll:s

w:ll:s Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma v6 4x4 SR5 - Imperial Jade
  4. Dec 23, 2016 at 10:22 AM
    KellyJoe

KellyJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Victoria, TX
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCSB
  5. Dec 23, 2016 at 10:38 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Specs work out to an 8" wide wheel. What is the diameter? If it's 16" or larger, it will fit your truck. Are you looking to keep the stock tires or upgrade as well?

Note: If you chose to not run the cap (personally I think it's too garish), you will need hubcentric spacers: https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automotive-108-106-1-Centric-106-1mm/dp/B0032HQJ7G

6. Dec 23, 2016 at 1:25 PM
    Hayseed

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma sport TRD
    Clazzio vinyl seat covers, decal, auto drop running boards, chrome rear letters chrome rear tail light bezels and bed release cover. Painted grill, polished aluminum cover over black grill in sport hood. Polished alum. wheels. Form fitting flor mats
    The wheels are 17 inch wheels and plan on using old tires. Are there any specs missing fro what I have given? I believe I took them all down. I am just needing to know if these wheels with these specs will work out, I know they are not exactly the same as needed, just don't know if this is to far out of the boundaries to work or not. I don't want them rubbing the body or sticking out past the fenders. I know what is trying to be said to me but I don't have the basic knowlege to understand the differences. Now I don't even know what I'm saying. Please if you could tell me if these would be ok, I would hate to have to ship anything back. Again thanks

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  7. Dec 23, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    www.tirerack.com

Another site that will give you visuals, but actually on a truck. And you can pick your color of truck, so you get close.

Kyitty likes this.
  8. Dec 23, 2016 at 1:33 PM
    KellyJoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Victoria, TX
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCSB
  9. Dec 23, 2016 at 2:03 PM
    Hayseed

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma sport TRD
    Sorry k joe I went back and the option did come up. There is only one set they have that I like and can afford. Do I need the tpms rebuild kit? Or can I use what is on my tire now instead. http://4wheelonline.com/ultra-wheels-175-rogue-diamond-cut-with-black-accents.139542.0. This is the wheel I would like to see on my truck, but when I called about using it for my truck, they gave me the run around and offered me to purchase a more expensive wheel. So I don,t know, anything

10. Dec 23, 2016 at 2:06 PM
    KellyJoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Victoria, TX
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCSB
    You don't absolutely have to but it's recommended and it's pretty cheap insurance. I've done both ways with no issues either way. :thumbsup:

11. Dec 23, 2016 at 2:16 PM
    gottaToy

gottaToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    movin' on up to the east side
    Vehicle:
    1985 Moped
    Rancho RS66903R7 @2.5", 2x4 block in rear. strait pipe, 37" super swampers
  12. Dec 23, 2016 at 2:28 PM
    Hayseed

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma sport TRD
    The tires I liked the rogue from ultra sport, were nearly thirty dollars more a piece then at fourwheelin', that's a hundred twenty dollars from one store to the other for the same wheel.

13. Dec 23, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    Hayseed

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma sport TRD
    . These wheels are mostly black I am wanting chrome or high polished steel, can't deal with this new dark wheels trend. Just too much black, hell the tires are already black, and it seems it does not matter what design you get with black they all look the same black, and hard to pick out the pattern you paid so much to be there. Just my opinion, I am older so I will use this as my excuse. Has anyone checked the wheel I mentioned to see for me if it will work?

14. Dec 23, 2016 at 2:55 PM
    Hayseed

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma sport TRD
    I don't understand why you would need the hubcentric spacers, won,t the six lugs attaching the hub to the wheel keep the hub exactly where it needs to be? Ken? Are you saying that these wheels would work on my truck? They are a half an inch wider at 8 inches. I don't think the old wheels will mind and extra half inch.

15. Dec 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM
    KenLyns

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    Nope. It's a lot trickier to center a wheel with the lugnuts, and you would be more likely to get vibes on the highway. The wheel bore is 108mm. The hub is 106mm. The hubcentric spacers fill that 2mm gap. If you decide to run the center caps, the caps do the same role.
    Yes the wheels should work.

16. Dec 23, 2016 at 4:15 PM
    Kyitty

Kyitty Mr. Beard

Member:
    Bozeman, MT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Better Than TRD
    See Build Page
    Road Force Balance the tires when installed. Call local shops until you find one that has a Road Force Balancer, and knows what it is.

I ordered those Gorilla Centric spacers. They are really cheap plastic and cannot be used with the hub center caps installed. So your wheels don't look as good in my opinion. I sent mine back to Amazon.

Road Force Balancing did the trick for me and my Method NV's.

17. Dec 23, 2016 at 5:08 PM
    Hayseed

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma sport TRD
    I was planning on using the provided center caps. So I don't need the spacers. Correct? And what is road force balancing? Does not sound like something i am going to get from my Walmart store.

18. Dec 23, 2016 at 9:01 PM
    Kyitty

Kyitty Mr. Beard

Member:
    Bozeman, MT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Better Than TRD
    See Build Page
    If you use the center caps you CANT use the spacers.

Road Force Balancing is a method of balancing the puts force against the tire to simulate actual driving, as opposed to simply spinning the wheel/tire in the air to see if it wobbles.

19. Dec 24, 2016 at 5:03 AM
    KenLyns

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    You know what the caps look like, right? :)

[​IMG]

But yeah if you run these caps, you don't need (and won't be able to fit) hubcentric spacers. The caps serve the same function in filling out the 2mm gap in the center bore.

Road Force balancing machine has an extra roller that presses against the tire when the machine spins, to simulate the weight of the car. Your local Walmart may or may not have it depending on the age of their equipment. Of course, being Walmart, they could have a good machine with an idiot trying to use/abuse it. :)

[​IMG]

20. Dec 24, 2016 at 9:53 AM
    Hayseed

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma sport TRD
    With these wheels having the fake machined lip, and the fact that wheel weights are ugly. Do they and/or can they apply the weighs to the rear of wheel? I have even seen weights applied to the inside of a hub/ i think.

Products Discussed in

To Top