1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which or What Satellite Install to Choose?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MoVal04, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Oct 13, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    MoVal04

MoVal04 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport
    I spoke to three different Satellite sellers/installers today.

I have an 07DC with standard AM/FM CD player.

I would like Sat Radio, IPod option and if possible to be able to use my steering wheel audio controls.

1. Audio Co. #1 = purchase pioneer or kenwood, with adapter, pull current audio out and replace. Cost = 500.00 with labor.

2. Best Buy #2 = recommended least cost, but as good as #1, (their words) = purchase modulator? package with Starmat receiver, would be able to use current AM/FM and CD player. = 250.00 includes labor.

3. Audio and Wheels #3 = recommended receiver, plus Tacoma wiring package and adapter. Would be able to see and choose all music including IPod/MP3 via current radio display. cost 400.00 with labor.

I am not sure where to begin or how to go about choosing any of these three for satellite radio.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Am more than willing to read all info on options, best receivers, combo's etc. However, am just not sure what works best for Tacoma or that should be a consideration.

Thanks,

Mo

Products Discussed in

To Top