1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which rear leaf springs for Tacoma with 5100s

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacoSimp116, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Jan 16, 2020 at 3:15 PM
    TacoSimp116

TacoSimp116 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 08 access 4.0 6spd 4x4 TRD sport and tow
    And here we go....:)
    First, I have read countless threads here on TW about this setup I’m considering. My 08 Tacoma access TRD sport 4x4 6spd is at Toyota getting a new frame currently. I just ordered Bilsteins 5100s for the front and rear. Ordered 887 springs too. The last thing I need is something regarding the leaf springs.

From what I’ve heard, blocks are not that good. My old 05 Tacoma had blocks in the rear and the rubber stopper for the leaf springs would bottom out very easily as a result. From what I’ve gathered, the AAL is an OK option, but the best route would be a new leaf spring pack.

As far as lifting, I would like to get 3” out of it. However, I cannot afford UCA and if that something I need, then I’ll settle for 2.5/2.75”. Either way, which route do I go with the leaf springs?? I don’t want to order one and finding out it’s too high in the back or too low.

Side note, I am getting new rear leaf springs from Toyota as well cause of the recall. However, I don’t mind replacing them as soon as I get home :)

TIA!!!

2. Jan 16, 2020 at 3:19 PM
    coopcooper

coopcooper certified youtube mechanic

Member:
    alberta canada
    Vehicle:
    black on black on black 05 trd off road
    stickers and sticker accessory's
    Deaver, allpoo, icon... im probably missing a whole bunch of other brands. deaver can make you a custom pack I think, which would get you exactly the amount of lift you want.

3. Jan 16, 2020 at 4:01 PM
    TacoSimp116

TacoSimp116 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 08 access 4.0 6spd 4x4 TRD sport and tow
    I guess my question is if I have a 2.5” lift in the front will I need to lift the rear 2.5” as well?

4. Jan 16, 2020 at 4:15 PM
    Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TX TRD
    I am in a similar situation. I am about to order 887’s for my DCSB and trying to pair the correct leaf springs. I’ll be going with Dakar’s but trying to decide between medium and heavy duty. Medium duty is rated to lift 2.75 inches with 0 lbs in the bed. Heavy duty is rated to lift 2.75 inches with 660 lbs in the bed. I am guessing that the 887’s are going to put your access cab at 3 inches in the front maybe even a hair over. The rear sits higher than the front stock so the medium are probably going to put you somewhere close to level.

5. Jan 17, 2020 at 6:17 AM
    TVH475

TVH475 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montrose CO
    I've got OME med dakars with a bed box & aux fuel tank in the truck at all times, I like the ride but they squeak terribly bad, I wouldn't buy OME again. As for uca's, when I had my last lift I ran stock arms with right at 3" of lift, it was a little darty but I was ok with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top