1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Best Value?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by TrdACOMA, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Sep 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    TrdACOMA

TrdACOMA [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    '05 Tacoma TRD SR5
    Hey guys, I have been wanting to get a roll-up soft tonneau for a while now.
    I have been searching around, and I have found a few that I like, like the TruXedo 255801. But I was also wondering, what do you think about the ebay no-name ones? They are just cheap, and would still get the job done.
    Do you think that they could really be that bad? I can imagine that the fabric may not last as long, but they could still last a good amount of time with proper care.
    What do you guys think?
    Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    jerzeyjoe

jerzeyjoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 2W
    Purchased mine from ebay back in 08. I paid about $120. 5 years later it's still fine. Never leaked. It is the snap on, rollover ones, no name. A couple of the snaps have broken off. Nothing that makes it unusable.

If you are going to be unsnapping every day, might not be a good purchase for you. My truck is only used for home improvement runs. If I unsnapped more than once a month it's a lot.

I also picked up a set of stainless step bars. No name brand either. 5 years and no rust, and when I shine them up they look great.

3. Sep 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    TrdACOMA

TrdACOMA [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    '05 Tacoma TRD SR5
    shoot, maybe I'll give one of those a try then! I think some of them come with a one year warranty thing through the ebay seller (assuming that they are still around in a year) so I mean if it gave in within a few weeks or months then you would at least know to return it and spend money on something nicer. I'll have to give it a try then, and I'll let you guys know how it turns out!
    Thanks!

4. Sep 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    I bought my Access LE cover back in late '09...no problems at all yet. I'll probably replace it with a cap in the next year or so.

5. Sep 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    TrdACOMA

TrdACOMA [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    '05 Tacoma TRD SR5
    Yeah, I like those access ones a lot, and I like the truxedo low profile ones too. They are a little more spendy, but I am sure they last longer. The access ones don't seem too bad either though! Maybe I'll try one of these ebay ones and see how it goes. But if not then those access ones aren't too pricey! I just need something to keep the snow out of the bed this winter, and to keep the rain out until then. I have a bed rug and a broken fiberglass white tonneau that doesn't mechanically work anymore that just sits on top to keep everything out. But I have fourwheelers and such that I need to put in the back too so a roll-up tonneau would be ideal.

6. Sep 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    mgratton

mgratton Yoda fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4x4 w/Tow Package
    I tried the Truxedo LoPro and didn't like it. I don't like the fact that I could pop the lock without opening the tailgate. Plus I had to open the tonneau cover a little bit to close the tailgate. Also, it didn't keep the water out around the tailgate. I had an Access of some sort on my GMC and I'm leaning towards one of those again.

mikeg

7. Sep 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    BytorTruck

BytorTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Scottsdale AZ
  8. Sep 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    BytorTruck

BytorTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Scottsdale AZ
    You were not the only one that though that, the new ones cannot be opend unless you have the tail gate open.

Products Discussed in

To Top