1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Soft Vices for Shock Bodies 2.5 and 2.0

Discussion in 'ICON Vehicle Dynamics' started by jtrue, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Feb 8, 2020 at 9:21 PM
    jtrue

jtrue [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2014 Super White Tacoma TRD
    @Icon_Adrian can you point me in the right direction for soft vices that will work on the Icon 2.5s and 2.0s? I'd like to invest in something so I'm not marring up my shock bodies while rebuilding.

Will these King Jaws work? I see that they have a 2.49" version and a 2.562" version. I imagine I want the larger version for my 2.5s, since after measuring with digital calipers they measure 2.512"?

https://www.kartek.com/parts/king-fox-or-sway-a-way-25-shock-body-billet-aluminum-soft-jaws.html

Will the 2.0 King Jaws work for the 2.0 RRs?

https://www.kartek.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KT&Product_Code=KNG-100-005

Or is there another shock holder you recommend?

2. Feb 19, 2020 at 6:38 AM
    Icon_Adrian

Icon_Adrian Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Pre-Runner
    Icon Bypasses & Coilovers Long Travel Front & Rear Supercharged 3.4L
    @jtrue
    The ICON vice jaws used in production for our 2.5 Series are 2.520" and 2.625". Based on that information it looks like the 2.562" may work best for you. Our 2.0 Series jaws are 2.00" so the ones in the link will work for you as well.

The jaws play a critical part but just as important as the jaw is the slug that is used internally. All of our production jaws have a corresponding internal slug that is machined to the tolerance needed to prevent cylinder damage when clamping. If you do not have access to a lathe I recommended using seal heads and resi ends as a slug. Pack the inside of the cylinder with resi ends and seal heads across the span of the vice jaws to minimize the possibility of damaging your cylinders.

Feel free to give me a call at the shop to go over this in more detail or if you have any questions.
    951-689-4266

Thank you.

Products Discussed in

To Top