1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Speaker Adapter for '07 Access Cab

Discussion in 'Mr Marv' started by TRD2007RED, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Mar 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    TRD2007RED

TRD2007RED [OP] New Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 PreRunner SR5 w/TRD
    HU: Eclipse AVN30D with Bluetooth and aftermarket Backup Cam, Spk: Eclipse/Front and Polk/Rear, TSB Lifted, Raptor SS Step Bar, Hitch Light with Toyota Emblem
    Mr. Marv, posted the above question on the 2nd Gen forum but was referred to you for the right answer. Replace my Taco HU with a Elipse AVN30D by myself about 8 months ago with a lot of reading. But has yet to able to upgrade those oem speakers. Recently decided to take advantage of CircuitCity closing sale and aquired 2 sets of speakers, Eclipse SE6900 (6"X9") and Polk EX II (602a - 6.5"), and a Dynamat Extreme 2 doors kit.
    My first question is: Will these speaker setup work?
    Since I will be installing these myself, eBay the speaker adapter and found 2 vendors. Tacotunes and another out of PA. For the 6X9, Tacotunes selling for $29.99 plus $12.95 s/h and the other just $17.99 plus $5.99 s/h. My second question is: Will the later work with acceptable result (pic below)? Trying to save a little since my "big" spending credit card statement is on its way... Thank you for all the "How To" write up.

[​IMG]

Update:
    Finally completed my speakers upgrade and sound deadening project. After additional midnight reading, I decided to go with tacotune's since I am going to put in the effort. Thanks for the info.

To Top