1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which trim/tire/rubber protectant?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Mad Mark, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Aug 26, 2018 at 2:50 PM
    Mad Mark

Mad Mark [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD 4x4 off-road
    So I’m looking for a good rubber protectant mostly for tires to get that matte new tire look and have some UV protection.

I know everyone loves 303 but I heard it washes right off with water. I was looking at aero cosmetics rubber care. But it’s pretty pricey.

I’ve sprayed armor all protectant on tires and was supprised how good it worked even in dirt the tires weren’t totally caked (just not sure if it’s good for tires or not?) I also used some 303 on tires but they’ve just been sitting for a couple days so I haven’t seen the results. Theirs a fleet of trucks I keep clean and I’m kinda testing stuff on them.

Any suggestions?

2. Aug 26, 2018 at 4:03 PM
    rickm

rickm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 BLK Tacoma TRD Pro
    I don't and me thinks it's way over rated.:D
    Duragloss #253 Tire and Rubber Mat Dressing and Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel are a couple that come to mind. To many choices. Depends on whether your a local over the counter purchaser or whether you order from places like AutoGeek.
    ArmorAll wont harm the tires, they changed there formula a long time ago.

3. Aug 26, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    Mad Mark

Mad Mark [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD 4x4 off-road
    Thanks for the reply I’ll check those out. I usually just try to get stuff on eBay most the time.

4. Aug 26, 2018 at 7:42 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Carpro Perl. Excellent. Product. I would use Autogeek. They run sales all the time.

5. Aug 26, 2018 at 7:50 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Duragloss 253. Hands down the best tire dressing I've found. And I've tried many. One coat and tires just look matte black and new. Additional coats amp up the shine if wanted. Durability is great. A month if it doesn't get wet. It'll even last through a couple good rains or car washes.

Also great on any textured black or gray exterior plastic. Darkens things up a bit and gives it a finished look without being greasy or shiny. Bed rails, wiper cowl, and bumper covers, for example.

ace96 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top