1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who else is staying up for the 2016 review videos

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Zadams333, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:28 AM
    hour

hour TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma RC 4x4 (Sold) '14 Ram 1500, '99 4R
    Level 8 Trackers, Hankook Dynapro LT265/75/16, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5, Wheelers 3-Leaf Progressive w/ factory overload, 5100s all around // Ranch Camper Shell, BHLM, hacked reverse lights, auxiliary reverse lights // Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD, RF Prime Components, BOSS 10" Sub
    Right. Those people are probably die hard Toyota fans as you mentioned.

A smart purchase involves liking more than just your 10 minute drive with some douche bag dealer telling you things you already knew. You have failed at reading.

2. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:30 AM
    ScoutA5

ScoutA5 Member

Member:
    I'm a GM guy here to check it out and there's nothing to mock. It also has plenty of features you can't find in the GM twins and it looks like it has the refinement it needed to stay on track with the competition while still giving lots of capabilities for the 4x4 crowd that loves their Tacomas. Resale will go down because the segment is growing, but that's just supply and demand. Toyota and GM are pumping plenty of these midsized trucks out right now and the 2nd Gen is going to take an obvious hit after a 10 year run and new model intro. You guys at least have push button start on your 30k+ truck. I'm not truly impressed by either midsize considering the prices.

3. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:31 AM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO 6MT Midnight Black
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. No wonder I keep getting hosed on my purchases. Who knew?

4. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:37 AM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    The prices hurt, for sure. But the reality is, you can't go wrong with either truck. The GM twins were quality upgrades, but they came from, IMO, really bad previous generations. With the Tacoma, the second gen. was a great truck, so it makes it harder to improve. Could they have done more? I'd like to see a little more beef to the engine or an improvement to the MPGs from what is now advertised. We'll see how many complaints there are this time next year.

5. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:37 AM
    hour

hour TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Level 8 Trackers, Hankook Dynapro LT265/75/16, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5, Wheelers 3-Leaf Progressive w/ factory overload, 5100s all around // Ranch Camper Shell, BHLM, hacked reverse lights, auxiliary reverse lights // Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD, RF Prime Components, BOSS 10" Sub
    Look at the comparison sheet on the Colorado landing page. They use 2015 Tacoma, and in categories most shoppers would find important, it takes the cake. Unfortunately, all they have to do is change the picture to the new Tacoma and update the text and the comparison stays the same. So yes, they will use that to their advantage (obviously) - Toyota had 11 years to think up their next truck, only started responding to competition when they had to, and still failed. As LGBT seemed to miss, there's more to buying a car than just thinking it's pretty or rides nice, and a lot of people are going to let comparison sheets guide their decision, when the Tacoma is taking so many hot loads to the face.

6. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:38 AM
    luchin

luchin living the Canadian dream

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
    OME 885 coils, Dakar leaf pack, Bilstein 5100 struts, SCS Matte Jet Black SR8 wheels, 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country AT II, Arrow cap, Truxedo Truxsport Tonneau cover, TRD Exhaust, colour matched grill.
    Who takes a 10 min test drive anymore, I was sold in 2 min...jk. My 3 rd test drive was well over an hour with just my wife and I in the truck.

7. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:44 AM
    luchin

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
    OME 885 coils, Dakar leaf pack, Bilstein 5100 struts, SCS Matte Jet Black SR8 wheels, 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country AT II, Arrow cap, Truxedo Truxsport Tonneau cover, TRD Exhaust, colour matched grill.
    Do you have a hate on for the brand now that your a Dodge fan? It's an honest question with no sarcasm attached to it. Some people are, including me. The vehicle I sit my ass in and decide to own for however long is the best car on the road even if there is an identical one beside me. Why? Because it's mine. Well except for my Santa Fe which was an embarrassment.

8. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:52 AM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    God, I love internet tough guys.

Of course, the flip side to your flawed argument is that you can't fully assess quality and capability without driving the thing. Way to jump to conclusions. Hope you never work in a science/engineering field...

9. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:55 AM
    hour

hour TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Clearly you don't read.

This was my response to you initially.

I'm not a Dodge fan. I also was unimpressed with my 2012 Tacoma, but was excited to see what the 2016 would offer as my Ecodiesel is getting lemoned out and I'll be replacing it, soon. I've been eager to know what gen 3 would offer for many years, and now I know, and I think Toyota takes hot loads on the face. That's all.

But I re-read your post and the first sentence doesn't make any sense, so I'm also convinced that you don't read your own posts.

10. Aug 17, 2015 at 1:59 AM
    hour

hour TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    I'm sure you're really going to get a feel for capability on your 10 minute test drive. You're also guaranteed to say, 10 minutes later, "Gee, I'll be blowing those EPA estimates out of the water for the next 10 years that I own this thing!" You're still not getting it, and I gather that your profession doesn't involve reading.

Remember, our entire discussion is a result of you quoting 1/3rd of my sentence to share a gif and make your penis seem bigger. Internet tough guy > internet twat hole

11. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:07 AM
    luchin

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
  12. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:12 AM
    luchin

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
    I wondered if your Ram got Lemond, shitty deal. Your argument about people with no brand loyalty absolutely not buying the Tacoma is subjective. For your information I do read, but only in two languages. Maybe the two got crossed and I missed something or maybe I'm tired or maybe you've become combative and I'm being a prick when responding to your posts. Yes I am a self proclaimed prick.

13. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    I'll be sure to get you to ride along with me on my next test drive. You know, to get it right-- I've already written down that it should be longer than 10 minutes. 15 should do it, right? Thank God you're on this forum... I'd never manage without you.

So let me get this straight. You're telling me how bad I am at the whole car buying thing (based on zero knowledge of what I do in actuality, of course), yet you're the one who bought a lemon with your tried, tested and true comparisons and specs? Got it. Credibility = 0.

14. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:16 AM
    luchin

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
    If you were so unimpressed with your Dodge why did you keep it for so long and why do you still have it? I got rid of my GTI within a year of buying it and my Santa Fe within 18 months. I only kept that heap for that long because I was still in the mind set of trying to find something that was fuel efficient while being able to tow at least a tent trailer. Then I said fuck it and decided that if I wanted to tow anything and use my vehicle the way I wanted I would need something with body on frame that sucked more gas then a whore sucks...never mind. You get what I'm saying.

15. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:31 AM
    hour

hour TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Unfortunately, specs do not reveal whether a particular vehicle is destine to be a lemon (you snarky twat). You're not proving anything. You're still twisting things to make your penis seem bigger.

The only thing unimpressive is that it was in the shop for like 75 days. I've owned it for 1 year, 1 month. It started giving me problems in January, and began going to the shop over and over again. Selling it then, while Chrysler was still attempting to repair it was not possible - taking a $15k hit getting rid of a new truck wasn't my idea of fun, and no one would have bought it in the mechanical condition it was in. After it received a new engine and I became eligible for lemoning it out in my state, I got the ball rolling on that with an attorney. This is not a quick process. I understand that you might not be familiar at all with it given that there is no such thing in Canada. I trust that this clears things up.

16. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:47 AM
    luchin

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
    crystal clear. No lemon law in Canada. We're much too fucking polite, we just reach down, wrap our hands around our ankles and say 'PLEASE be gentle, THANK YOU'. My Santa Fe was melting spark plugs every 4-5K kilometres. Finally they flashed the ECU and told me the problem was that the engine was running too lean. Ya think. The pattern was the same, run like a diesel, search for gears (might have been a different problem) shit the bed. After they flashed the ECU with the new program it ran pretty good for a month then started running like a diesel and searching for gears. Short of the long, I took an 11K hit when I traded it in but it was the best 11K I've ever spent.

I love my truck but not because of brand loyalty. It's because it has no power seats or sunroof, it's because it has hydraulic power steering and a key for the ignition. It's because it gets the gas mileage of a truck, drives like a truck, is noisy like a truck. I love my truck because it's a truck not trying to be a SUV, CUV or a car. It makes no excuses for what people call a 'shitty' ride. It's because every time one of my fillings falls out or I feel like I've been kicked in the kidneys all day I remember that I'm driving my TRUCK.

17. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:53 AM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    This all helps with new truck data.

18. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:55 AM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    Snarky twat? Nah, you're just an easy target.

I totally proved my point. Here it is. Read carefully:

You can't fully assess a vehicle until you've absorbed the material and DRIVEN IT. Even when driving it, you can't be totally sure, as you found out with the Ram ED. So why would you think you could gather LESS information about a truck (not giving it a chance on a drive) and be able to make concrete conclusions? You can't.

Silly.

19. Aug 17, 2015 at 2:57 AM
    300AACTaco

300AACTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black '15 DCSB TRD Off Road 4x4
    ARB Old Man Emu 90000s and 60091s OME 886s, Trim Packer, Icon Tubular Uniball UCAs, CMC, Invisible Sway Bar, Dakar Rear Leaf Packs, Timbren Rear Bumpstops, All Pro U-bolt flip up kit, Method Race Wheels NV 16X8 4.5BS, Cooper ST Maxx LT285/75/16, DEPO Black Tail Lights, Weathertech Floormats, Cascadia Vehicle Tents Mt. Shasta in Earth Tone Green, Custom Green Tree Fabrication Bed Rack, N-Fab Spare Tire Bed Mount
  20. Aug 17, 2015 at 9:12 AM
    hour

hour TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    So selectively quoting me when I was saying damn near the same thing that you ended up saying... that's neat.

I think they have other avenues that you can pursue in Canada right? Ecodiesel rams are pretty popular in Canada despite being like $70k, and plenty of owners have found themselves with a lemon. I guess money is no object if you take an $11k hit when you have a vehicle that is clearly malfunctioning. My apologies if you did explore all possible options before throwing in the towel.

But why I quoted the second half of your post, is because Fred Flintstone.

Products Discussed in

To Top