1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who here has had a vehicle keyed?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PA452, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aug 9, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    PA452

PA452 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Access TRD Offroad, V6, 5spd Auto, 4x4
    In 2007, I was stationed in Maryland and lived in an apartment complex about 30 miles from post. I chose to live that far away because I was trying to get away from the dirtbags, but I apparently didn't go far enough. My girlfriend at the time had an altercation with a certain 'undesirable' one day in the winter, and subsequently both of our vehicles were vandalized. I never did have any proof that it was that guy, but no one else had any reason to do it. The local police knew the guy very well. She had glue or something (hopefully it was glue) smeared on her driver's side window. A month or so later, someone keyed my Tacoma, which I had bought brand new only 4-5 months earlier. :mad:

At the time, I temporarily painted it with touch-up paint just so it didn't stand out so bad. It pissed me off every time I saw it. I got the insurance money for it, though I had a $500 deductible. But then I got orders to go to Korea and never got around to getting it fixed. When I got back, I got a local estimate and it was about $1000. :( I couldn't stand the thought of paying that kind of money for a scratch that functionally meant nothing.

That happened three years ago, and it still gets to me. Fortunately it's on the passenger side, so I don't typically see it. It goes from the front fender near the headlight all the way back into the middle of the passenger door. Every now and then I consider the possibility of getting it fixed.

I have the money to do it, but income is low and about to get lower. I'm still in the Reserves until spring, but I'm getting ready to go back to school full time.

What do you guys think? Fix or let it go?

2. Aug 9, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra

Products Discussed in

To Top