1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who uses .....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by IRISHDEVIL, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mar 5, 2008 at 7:11 AM
    IRISHDEVIL

IRISHDEVIL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have heard from a few people that i should put 885 OME coils on my 5100's and that i would love it but i have heard that the 885's are very stiff and tend to sag over time. Has or is anyone doing this set up and if so how is the ride quality? I also dont do a hole lot of offroading so ride quality on ride is pretty important to me

Thanks in advance.

2. Mar 6, 2008 at 11:22 AM
    Toycoma06

Toycoma06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    20% window tint, emblems removed, aftermarket grill, TRD Pro shift knob,4'' RC lift with BDS 2.0 fox rear shocks, 285x65r18 Nitto Ridge Grappler, 18x9 Monster Energy 540B 0mm offset, ...and more to come
    Very good question !!! I just installed 884's and i was very happy at first but it looks like only after three weeks my springs have started to sag. I only have 38'' from the ground to the bottom of the fender. The ride quality of the 884's is great .. very smooth but i think im going to buy the spacer puk and put the stock springs back in for the 3".

This is a thought??? buy the 5100's put them on the highest setting with the stock springs and then purchase the .5 inch plate with the longer press in studs through Toytec for a full 3"

3. Mar 6, 2008 at 12:22 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    they HIGHLY recomend that you do not use spacers in addition to the 5100's. dont know why but they say not to

Products Discussed in

To Top