1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why do they keep following me home....

Discussion in 'Pets' started by 5nahalf, May 3, 2021.

1. May 3, 2021 at 7:24 AM
    5nahalf

5nahalf [OP] I build dumb things

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Longbed
    Guess we have a new cat, this guy was seen meowing under some construction equipment. Never seen him before, but he followed my kids home. He is very dehydrated, and pretty skinny. He has spent the last 2 days sleeping and eating. He is a little unsteady on his back legs, but seems to be getting better with food and water.

I checked all the lost pet msg boards and nextdoor, no one has said they have lost him, but a few people have spotted him.

We kept him in our outdoor cat cage (huge cage) for the first night, then moved him into my daughters room to get some better rest.

This is the second cat that has showed up at our house and decided to stay..... we now have 4 cats.

He will be going to the vet this week to get a full checkup (even if we find the owners I want him to get checked out) and to see if they can find a chip, I wasnt able to find it.

[​IMG]

Kwikvette and fathomblue like this.
  2. May 12, 2021 at 11:21 AM
    Inbred

Inbred Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phinnius
    Vehicle:
    2nd generation euphoria
    CLawesome. Really nice of you to be a beacon of hope for that righteous beast. When you take him to the vet for his check up, don't even think of taking him in the Tacoma. A cat like that deserves to be chauffeured in style, in a Furr-ari.

fathomblue and 5nahalf[OP] like this.
  3. May 12, 2021 at 11:29 AM
    5nahalf

5nahalf [OP] I build dumb things

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Longbed

Lol, wish I had a furr-ari. but, vet apt is today at 3:00 to get him checked out. He has taken to the house pretty good, spent the first few days in my daughters room, but has been exploring more each day.

We do think he was a abused cat though in his last home. When he hisses and bites, he instantly cowers down like someone used to hit him when he did that. So its going to take some time to get him to realize that he is safe here. I have taught my kids that if one of our pets bites them, that means they did something wrong, the pet is just reacting. So we give lots of love, and if the animal bites us, we dont react, we just show no fear of the animal and stop what we were doing that resulted in the bite.

But he is a very good cat, purs when he sees me, runs up to me for chin scratches, gets along with the other cats sofar.

NMTOY, fathomblue and Inbred[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top