1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wierd idle

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sway, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    sway

sway [OP] New Member

Member:
    portland,or
    Vehicle:
    05 regular cab 4x4
    I have a 2005 4cyl 4x4 regular cab 85000 miles. . I have some idle problems that I havnt found addressed in other threads found here. In temps higher than say 35 degrees, my idle goes to 2000 rpm and drops to 1500 rmp after a couple minutes. this is when i start to drive. this seems to be sort of normal. My friend has the same truck but a 2011. It does not idle this high on startup. When its real cold out, the startup idle is low, around 1000 rpm. is this low idle to prevent startup damage in cold weather. i suspect iacv issues. i check the throttle body every 15k and it is and always has been very clean. by the way,,, i love this truck. had a body work done on it and i had to drive a nissan pick up and uhhg what a heap of shite. why anyone would spend hard earned money on a nissan truck is beyond me. anywayy idle

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    jvallin

jvallin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joey
    turlock CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Dcab SR5 4x4
    K&N intake, Magnaflow, HID conversion, 265/75/16 MT, PIAA driving lights, Optima red top, billstein 5100's @ 2.5 and pro comp 2" AAL.
    Yes deff check your IACV, they say you cant clean them but you can. also clean your MAF these get very dirty if you run a k&N. Toyotas use what they call Positive Crank Ventilelation which can suck oil into the throttle body and clog up the IACV so start there. Make sure you use a cleaner made for MAF's so you dont screw up your electronics. If that doesnt work try hooking it up to a scanner and see if it is throwing a "soft code". Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top