1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will air bags work with a U bolt flip kit?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by Ralphman, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Jun 7, 2020 at 8:47 PM
    Ralphman

Ralphman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    So I have a question about air bags, will they work with a U bolt flip kit? Long story short I’m a heavy equipment mechanic for equipment rental company and I was the hotshot and felid mechanic and not due some legal reasons I can’t drive the shop 1ton any more. I know I do hot shoting with the gooseneck any more but I can still go work out in the field.
    Constant load would be probably a bobcat welder, gas powered air compressor plus my tools and parts that at times can get heavy. My suspension is nothing crazy just Icon add a leaf and Bilstein 5100s. With bags do you think the spring will be good or do I need to up grade to some heavy duty spring. Don’t plan to keep the welder and air compressor in the truck at all times so I don’t want a rough ride ruff when empty. Most of my trips will be in west Texas and New Mexico on crappy road, unmaintained dirt road and pipeline right aways.
    I’m pretty new to the Tacoma so and suggestions or pointers would be great.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top